FTV Girls Danielle Forum

FTV Girls Danielle Forum (http://danielleftv.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://danielleftv.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Pets: Favourite Breeds, Favourite Pets, &c. (http://danielleftv.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209)

T-bone Thomas 02-19-2010 09:17 AM

When I was young me and my 2 brothers got 3 little cats. These 3 cats were brothers too but they looked completely different. One was all black, one was grey checkered and one was black and grey checkered. They were no specific race, just normal domestic house cats. My eldest brother got the task to name them all. He gave them 3 very unusual names for cats: Forward, Petroleum and Marx.
Too bad I don't have pictures of them but in these days digital camera wasn't invented yet, lol.
Petroleum was killed by a car after a year but Forward and Marx lived in our family having good and long lives and they passed away in peace after many years. I still like cats although I never had a pet again after these 3 cats.

sarah 02-19-2010 11:19 AM

My preferred pet is little winged bull, on the left…trying very hard to smile. (Little fairy Lilly is with him… she ab-so-lu-tely wanted to be on the photo).

http://www.therealm.ca/catalog/7559.jpg

mart 02-19-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immortal (Post 20558)
We have cats, 3 of them. All domestic short hairs with one being part siamese but acts like a FULL siamese. That is, he will bite you when you make him mad or tell him "NO" But most of the time he just demands pets. and you get bit if you don't pet him when he wants you to.
I call them the three stooges, "Larry," "Moe," and "Squirrely"

I hate cats!, or cats hate me lol. I have my sisters cat and if i get too close for some reason he'll turn a little nasty with hissing and claws at the ready. I have never hit or harmed this bloody cat and i've tried to be friendly with it, but no go. The only time i can get close is when i'm putting his food bowl down for him.

DWM222 02-20-2010 02:42 PM

Great new pics! :)

MISSY 02-20-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mart (Post 20581)
I hate cats!, or cats hate me lol. I have my sisters cat and if i get too close for some reason he'll turn a little nasty with hissing and claws at the ready. I have never hit or harmed this bloody cat and i've tried to be friendly with it, but no go. The only time i can get close is when i'm putting his food bowl down for him.

They can tell if you dont like them, My cat doesn't like to be around a lot of people He sleeps with my niece when im away, but when we get home he rubs agenst Jeromys legs and as soon as he sits somewair he is in his lap. He hates all other men but loves Jeromy . there might be a smell from work that you bring in that he dosn't like maby.

mart 02-21-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MISSY (Post 20625)
They can tell if you dont like them, My cat doesn't like to be around a lot of people He sleeps with my niece when im away, but when we get home he rubs agenst Jeromys legs and as soon as he sits somewair he is in his lap. He hates all other men but loves Jeromy . there might be a smell from work that you bring in that he dosn't like maby.

Well i do usually smell of various kinds of wood when i get home, working in a sawmill. Don't know a lot about cats, being a dog man myself. I didn't know cats can sense that you don't like them though. The cat was dumped on me by my sister when her kids grew tired of it, i know that isn't the way cats or any animal should be treated, but that's kids for you. Silly thing is, my sister only bought the cat for the kids, purely because they wanted one. She's not too keen on cats either lol. I do ok with the cat though, we both know our places and i always try not to disturb him where ever he is.

tigger 02-22-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mart (Post 20662)
Well i do usually smell of various kinds of wood when i get home, working in a sawmill. Don't know a lot about cats, being a dog man myself. I didn't know cats can sense that you don't like them though. The cat was dumped on me by my sister when her kids grew tired of it, i know that isn't the way cats or any animal should be treated, but that's kids for you. Silly thing is, my sister only bought the cat for the kids, purely because they wanted one. She's not too keen on cats either lol. I do ok with the cat though, we both know our places and i always try not to disturb him where ever he is.

Some cats can just be hatefull. but being taken out of it's enverment and put somewair new can be stressfull on any animal. Animals can sence things, pouncer always knows when im not feeling well and will come lay with me, when Sarah was sick he stood gaurd by her bed all day.

Leonita 02-28-2010 02:52 AM

I have two kittehs. Just your everyday, run of the mill cats, no special breed. One is black, long hair (named Merry) and the other is Bree, a diluted calico (instead of white with orange and black, she's white with beige and grey. the colors are not as vibrant IOW). Both are pretty weird but only cuz I'm weird, haha.

mart 02-28-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigger (Post 20722)
Some cats can just be hatefull. but being taken out of it's enverment and put somewair new can be stressfull on any animal. Animals can sence things, pouncer always knows when im not feeling well and will come lay with me, when Sarah was sick he stood gaurd by her bed all day.

Your right Tigger, but i've had this cat for about a year now and he still doesn't like me. I don't think me and this cat will ever actually be friends, i give up trying to pet him or make any kind of fuss over him. Because i just know he doesn't like me, even when he was with my sister i couldn't get close to him, without him giving me the, don't come over to me! look. Never had any trouble when i had dogs, i've had about four dogs in my life and they were all great companions. I aim to get another dog as soon as i can get rid of this cat, but unfortunately nobody wants him. Anybody wanna a free cat?.:D

Dibhildelfbof 03-10-2010 10:03 PM

Pets Favourite Breeds Favourite Pets

Those people are crazy...i feel bad and sad for those pets after reading the news...and yet those owners have the heart to do that...to their pets who they once love...who had brought them happiness....

Those people are unhuman....

WhyYou 03-10-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dibhildelfbof (Post 21348)
Those people are crazy...i feel bad and sad for those pets after reading the news...and yet those owners have the heart to do that...to their pets who they once love...who had brought them happiness....

Those people are unhuman....

This does not make sense. What are you referring to? Are you responding to a post within this thread? If you are responding to a specific post then you need to quote that post so people will know what you are referring to. If you are making a comment about an item in the news you need to include some sort of explanation about where you found the information.

MISSY 03-14-2010 12:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my big guy Mr Tom i have had him for about 9 yrs. I had him long befor my husband. lol funny thing is he hates all men but my husband, he is at Jeromys feet every wair he goes and wants to be in his lap. lol

mart 03-14-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MISSY (Post 21444)
Here is my big guy Mr Tom i have had him for about 9 yrs. I had him long befor my husband. lol funny thing is he hates all men but my husband, he is at Jeromys feet every wair he goes and wants to be in his lap. lol

Bet he'd hate me Missy, all cats hate me.:D

MISSY 03-14-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mart (Post 21447)
Bet he'd hate me Missy, all cats hate me.:D

Probebly not mart so far Jeromy is the only guy that he has ever gone near. When Tigger was working on my floor tom sat at a distance watching him but wouldent come near him even when bribed with food.

mart 03-17-2010 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of Blackie my niece took last year. Looking at them eyes, even there i'm sure he's thinking, i don't like Mart lol. Don't get me wrong, he is a nice cat. Just not too friendly towards me sometimes, but like i've said before i would never ever harm him. Shame he doesn't think the same way towards me lol.

Attachment 615

tigger 03-28-2010 12:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sarah sent me this pick the breeder sent her of a serval the state removed from someone who didn't know how to take care of it. look how skiny it is. it should weigh a lot more. the breeder is going to nurse it back to health. so sad to see one it that shape

tigger 03-28-2010 12:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pouncer out in the snow, cant beleave he went out in it usaly wont.

tigger 03-28-2010 12:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What is wrong with the pond?

tigger 03-28-2010 12:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What a face!!!!lol

tigger 03-28-2010 12:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Can we take it home, its chewd in all the right places!

tigger 03-28-2010 12:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One of the blankets he got for christmas.

tigger 03-28-2010 12:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
With the youth group at church

tigger 03-28-2010 12:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
At church youth group again. this is the last one Sarah sent me for now. will post more when she sends more

mart 03-29-2010 07:22 PM

Great pictures of Pouncer Tigger.

tigger 04-08-2010 08:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The breeders daughter goofed and put pouncer in with the females, well you see the results.:D He was there to get his shots updated and got a little fun too. And the breedergave Sarah a $500 breeding fee when she picked him up after school. I told Sarah she could use the money for what ever she wanted.

tigger 04-08-2010 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just look at that smile on his face! :D

mart 04-09-2010 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigger (Post 22403)
Just look at that smile on his face! :D

That's one satisfied Pouncer Tigger.:D

WhyYou 06-22-2010 02:06 PM

My Father's Day Present! :)

This is what I have been busy with for the past week or two:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...Mortimer01.jpg

I named him Mortimer

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...Mortimer02.jpg

He is about 4 weeks old now.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...Mortimer11.jpg

I made him a string toy, he just loves it!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...Mortimer07.jpg

He is so full of energy and her spurts around when I let him run loose (Loose in my apartment, he won't be an outdoor cat). His most favorite toy is my right hand...lol!

T-bone Thomas 06-22-2010 06:22 PM

Ohhhh, how cute they are.

captnjack 06-22-2010 10:22 PM

Cute what are their names?

tigger 06-22-2010 11:19 PM

Oh how cute!

mart 06-23-2010 12:41 PM

Ahhhh you look so cute WhyYou!!!, the cat look nice!.:D

MISSY 06-25-2010 08:32 PM

Thats adorable! What do your other cats think of it?

DWM222 06-25-2010 10:42 PM

Cute cat:)

Immortal 06-26-2010 12:01 AM

Such a cute little kitten Whyyou.

WhyYou 06-26-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captnjack (Post 24989)
Cute what are their names?

There is only one kitten, his name is Mortimer. My friend has 3 cats named Mew (approx. 7 years old), Precious (approx. 5 years old), and Charlie (still young, approx 1 year old).

captnjack 06-27-2010 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhyYou (Post 25155)
There is only one kitten, his name is Mortimer. My friend has 3 cats named Mew (approx. 7 years old), Precious (approx. 5 years old), and Charlie (still young, approx 1 year old).

Sounds like somone is a Edgar Bergen fan!

Anoree 06-27-2010 04:47 AM

Congratulations on becoming a kitten father, WhyYou!
Mortimer is a cute little kitten. Thanks for sharing the photos. :)

tigger 07-05-2010 12:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
iF YOU REMEMBER POUNCERS LITTLE FUN WITH ONE OF THE BREEEDERS FEMALES WELL SHE HAD HER KITTS ON TUE. POUNCER IS A DADDY AGAIN. ONLY 4 THIS TIME

mart 07-07-2010 09:09 PM

Nice one Pouncer!!!.