FTV Girls Danielle Forum

FTV Girls Danielle Forum (http://danielleftv.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://danielleftv.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Auto or Manual! (http://danielleftv.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1563)

mart 07-24-2010 07:18 PM

Auto or Manual!

Well there's been a lot of talk about Auto or Manual transmission, so i thought i'd see what does seem to be most popular on this forum.

tigger 07-24-2010 07:41 PM

I own both and it doesn't relay make any difference to me.

tigger 07-24-2010 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The older i get there are things that are more important!:D

mart 07-24-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigger (Post 26200)
The older i get there are things that are more important!:D

That's cool Tigger!, but is it auto or manual!.:D

tigger 07-24-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mart (Post 26201)
That's cool Tigger!, but is it auto or manual!.:D

Methane jet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Max 07-24-2010 08:31 PM

I don't want people to start a new thread because of me, but it's just my big automotive thing. Manual transmission has all the benefits once you learn how it works. I'm not completely sure how the automatic transmission works, but I know a little about it. I can understand if you are a taxi cab driver in NYC, or if you have a disability, but I really don't see why anyone would rather have an automatic transmission. It just seems like laziness.

tigger 07-24-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max (Post 26205)
I don't want people to start a new thread because of me, but it's just my big automotive thing. Manual transmission has all the benefits once you learn how it works. I'm not completely sure how the automatic transmission works, but I know a little about it. I can understand if you are a taxi cab driver in NYC, or if you have a disability, but I really don't see why anyone would rather have an automatic transmission. It just seems like laziness.

There is no sense in even trying to explain it too you till you grow up.

mart 07-24-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

I don't want people to start a new thread because of me.

No just a curiosity thing Max.;)

Anoree 07-24-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Maybe you'd like to read this article.

Maybe you don't ... ;)

Immortal 07-25-2010 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anoree (Post 26212)

Maybe you don't ... ;)

Cool article Anoree, I learn something new everyday.:) For cars and trucks i prefer manual but both of our cars are automatic. This time of year i put more miles on my Harley than on my car and you don't have much of a choice there, Bikes are manual except you clutch with your hand and shift with your foot.

Max 07-25-2010 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anoree (Post 26212)

Maybe you don't ... ;)

I just don't like automatic transmission, because if you ask me, it is harder to drive.

laranger 07-25-2010 12:52 AM

Let's end this.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32...tDeadHorse.gif

mart 07-25-2010 02:19 PM

Ok i can take a hint Laranger!, hurry up guys! get your votes in now!!!. Before it's all too late!!!!!.:D:D

Max 07-25-2010 03:49 PM

I'm just going to say if more people like automatic transmission, that does not influence me in any way to prefer it. I don't need one, I know how to drive.

Raymond 07-25-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laranger (Post 26219)

haha.....love that graphic. :D

ugo 07-25-2010 05:28 PM

Max, just your's personal right

Laranger, I dont understand it mean graphic.

tigger 07-25-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ugo (Post 26237)

It means we are beating a dead max er i mean horse!:rolleyes:

geolarson2 07-25-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ugo (Post 26237)

The graphic illustrates the futility of beating a dead horse, Ugo. I'm not sure if the idiom translates to Italian, but I imagine there's an equivalent.

Myself, I've driven both. I liked my manual transmission because it was a skill not everyone masters, plus I liked having that added bit of control. But with the automatic you spend less time focused on shifting so hopefully more time looking where you're going. Anoree's article is pretty fascinating as well.

ugo 07-25-2010 06:28 PM

It mean back to speak issue already know.

Anoree 07-25-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max (Post 26218)
I just don't like automatic transmission, because if you ask me, it is harder to drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max (Post 26233)
I'm just going to say if more people like automatic transmission, that does not influence me in any way to prefer it. I don't need one, I know how to drive.

I give up about that topic with Max. He is resistant to arguments and evidence. Trying to help him learn a bit is exactly like beating a dead horse to get it up again.

The article I pointed to is just one type of auto transmission I had the chance to drive. Others can be found on the right side of the article.

Mart, I haven't voted yet. Did you mean what we drive currently or what we'd prefer to drive?

mart 07-25-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anoree (Post 26245)
Mart, I haven't voted yet. Did you mean what we drive currently or what we'd prefer to drive?

What you'd prefer to drive Anoree.

MISSY 07-25-2010 09:46 PM

Did we relay have to bring this up again, men having to play with their shifters. My mustang has an auto and Jeromy's truck has a stick. I can drive both, don't drive his truck much any more since he got me the mustang, he gets mad because i have to move the seat all the way up to reach the peddles. He doesn't drive my car much because he is 6'2 and it is small for him.

Anoree 07-25-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mart (Post 26253)
What you'd prefer to drive Anoree.

Well, then it's auto. (The DSG I linked to, since it gives the best of both worlds.)

Anoree 07-25-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MISSY (Post 26256)
Did we relay have to bring this up again, men having to play with their shifters. My mustang has an auto and Jeromy's truck has a stick. I can drive both, don't drive his truck much any more since he got me the mustang, he gets mad because i have to move the seat all the way up to reach the peddles. He doesn't drive my car much because he is 6'2 and it is small for him.

Missy, you know men and their toys. Let us play just a bit. ;)

One car for each driver sounds like a good solution to me. :rolleyes:

DWM222 07-26-2010 01:40 AM

Although I have driven both, as I get older I prefer Auto...Seems I have gotten a bit more "Shiftless" as time goes by..:)

TheDoctor 07-26-2010 01:16 PM

What are bikes out there for, anyway?

geolarson2 07-26-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDoctor (Post 26283)

Good point! I gave up my driver's license nearly 7 years ago, have since either walked, biked, hitched a lift or taken the bus wherever I needed to go (mostly walk--use 'em or lose 'em is my motto). I have a nice li'l mountain bike here, needs some air in the tires, the gears adjusted a bit, and Reno has a decent number of bike lanes (more bike lanes it seems in the area I live in that sidewalks actually).

I don't miss driving a car/truck, but I do miss riding a motorcycle.

mart 07-26-2010 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDoctor (Post 26283)

To be honest as i don't carry much in my car or have passengers often, i have had thoughs to going back to bikes. I had a Honda 750, i do miss owning a bike. But i guess i'll always stick with my car.

Attachment 771