FTV Girls Danielle Forum

FTV Girls Danielle Forum (http://danielleftv.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://danielleftv.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Last months in Japan (http://danielleftv.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387)

rgb randomizer 01-10-2009 04:10 PM

Last months in Japan

I have a couple months (or less) left in Japan and wondering what I should do that maybe I over missed during my couple years here? I've already done quite a bit, at least more then I thought. I typed it all out and it seemed a little too long. I'm stationed over here and have been for over two years, while that seems like a long time I've been out to sea for roughly half that time.

Things I can't do, due to lack of time / out of season is the ice Sapporo ice festival and climb Mt. Fuji. I am up for suggestions though.

danielle_ftv 01-10-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgb randomizer (Post 6943)
I have a couple months (or less) left in Japan and wondering what I should do that maybe I over missed during my couple years here? I've already done quite a bit, at least more then I thought. I typed it all out and it seemed a little too long. I'm stationed over here and have been for over two years, while that seems like a long time I've been out to sea for roughly half that time.

Things I can't do, due to lack of time / out of season is the ice Sapporo ice festival and climb Mt. Fuji. I am up for suggestions though.

I wouldn't mind climbing Mt Fuji...though I would probably die after the first two miles ;) Good luck on getting that list done. I haven't been to Japan...so I don't really know what to do there. Where are you getting stationed next?

laranger 01-10-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgb randomizer (Post 6943)

When my son was stationed there back in the early 90's the one thing he remembers the most is climbing Mt. Fuji. He still gets his pictures out every now and then, just to look at the climb. Try and find the time to do that before you leave.

Geezer 01-10-2009 07:30 PM

Japan activities

Quote:

Originally Posted by laranger (Post 6967)
When my son was stationed there back in the early 90's the one thing he remembers the most is climbing Mt. Fuji. He still gets his pictures out every now and then, just to look at the climb. Try and find the time to do that before you leave.

I was in the Air Force, stationed near Tokyo, for three years a LONG time ago. I enjoyed taking the Bullet Train down to Nagasaki and Hiroshima to see the Atomic Bomb memorials and museums.