FTV Girls Danielle Forum

FTV Girls Danielle Forum (http://danielleftv.com/forum/index.php)
-   Renna Ryann (http://danielleftv.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   My Fake Facebook Thread (http://danielleftv.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1665)

rennaryann 10-14-2010 12:33 PM

My Fake Facebook Thread

So when Geezer said he found me on facebook I was a bit startled.. because I don't have a Renna Ryann facebook but someone else does with some of my information and some made up stuff and my pics. I reported it as a fake but I don't know if they will do anything unless they get multiple reports. Could you please check out the profile here http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00001604611748 and at the bottom left corner it will say report/block .. if you guys could report it too I would really appreciate it...

Why pretend to be me lol I'm not that cool :)

mancocapac 10-14-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rennaryann (Post 28172)
So when Geezer said he found me on facebook I was a bit startled.. because I don't have a Renna Ryann facebook but someone else does with some of my information and some made up stuff and my pics. I reported it as a fake but I don't know if they will do anything unless they get multiple reports. Could you please check out the profile here http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00001604611748 and at the bottom left corner it will say report/block .. if you guys could report it too I would really appreciate it...

Why pretend to be me lol I'm not that cool :)

Facebook page not found. It may have been deleted already

rennaryann 10-14-2010 06:37 PM

Thank you guys they deleted it promptly :) Speaking of I need to make a facebook page... do you guys participate in those? Geezer mentioned Danielle has one so I guess they are popular right?

WhyYou 10-14-2010 08:52 PM

I have 2 facebook accounts :D

Anoree 10-14-2010 10:16 PM

I have no facebook account. I don't like how they handle private data.

rennaryann 10-15-2010 01:54 AM

See I love facebook but I dont understand why they can't just respect your privacy.. I suppose they make money off of it somehow but I don't blame ya Anoree!

Geezer 10-15-2010 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rennaryann (Post 28181)
Thank you guys they deleted it promptly :) Speaking of I need to make a facebook page... do you guys participate in those? Geezer mentioned Danielle has one so I guess they are popular right?

Yeah, I am pretty active on Facebook. I have thousands of trip photos and videos uploaded there. And, throughout the day, I exchange a lot of barbed wit with a few of my friends.:eek::D

Geezer 10-15-2010 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rennaryann (Post 28193)
See I love facebook but I dont understand why they can't just respect your privacy.. I suppose they make money off of it somehow but I don't blame ya Anoree!

There are a LOT of privacy settings but... most people are too lazy or ignorant to set them properly.

they make money by selling advertisements. You can't see a page without ads on it.

WhyYou 10-15-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezer (Post 28205)
snip...they make money by selling advertisements. You can't see a page without ads on it.

I use Mozilla Firefox with the NoScript addon and I see very few advertisements. There are some pages where I see no advertisements at all. :D

mancocapac 10-15-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhyYou (Post 28209)
I use Mozilla Firefox with the NoScript addon and I see very few advertisements. There are some pages where I see no advertisements at all. :D

AdBlock Plus is such a wonderful thing.

Enigma 10-15-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anoree (Post 28188)
I have no facebook account. I don't like how they handle private data.

I'm with you on this one, I don't use facebook, I have an account but don't login to it, I just hate the whol Twitter facebook mayspace etc.

I have email, and mobile phone, you can also send snail mail but they are just bills most the time.

Immortal 10-15-2010 08:37 PM

I seen that fake Facebook yesterday morning when Renna tweeted about it. I reported it and told facebook it was an impostor and about an hour latter it was gone.
I'm on facebook every day.

TheDoctor 10-17-2010 08:40 PM

Nah, is it sooo complicated to NOT post actual private info? I have an FB account, but even my real name does not appear there.

Anoree 10-17-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDoctor (Post 28273)
Nah, is it sooo complicated to NOT post actual private info? I have an FB account, but even my real name does not appear there.

To me the reason was not the privacy settings (or that in the past you could see the data in spite of the settings if you knew how) but that Facebook reserved the right to share the data with others.

I just read through their privacy policy page and can't find that paragraph anymore, so Facebook does improve there. I might reconsider and join.

ussmcn 10-18-2010 07:59 AM

on making a facebook page

ive got a page on facebook also. ive been using it to keep in touch with my friends that are in several bands that play in my state, surounding area. there are some privacy setting u can do also.

mancocapac 10-18-2010 03:21 PM

Even the most strict privacy settings are compromised via games and apps on Facebook.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...?mod=yhoofront

TheDoctor 10-19-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mancocapac (Post 28286)
Even the most strict privacy settings are compromised via games and apps on Facebook.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...?mod=yhoofront

OK. FB games abolished for me as of now.

rennaryann 10-22-2010 09:23 PM

Hey guys so I was wondering is there any real benefit to me being on facebook? I mean I am already addicted to twitter and recieving way too many emails to respond to and I have a myspace I rarely login to. Do you think it would really spread the news of my site more or probably not?

Renna :)

Geezer 10-22-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rennaryann (Post 28421)
Hey guys so I was wondering is there any real benefit to me being on facebook? I mean I am already addicted to twitter and recieving way too many emails to respond to and I have a myspace I rarely login to. Do you think it would really spread the news of my site more or probably not?

You can always ask Danielle! SHE has both a FB and a Myspace page. She NEVER replies to anything people post and, who knows, if she reads anything others write? She clearly warns the viewer she won't reply to their postings.

Some people - kayden Kross, for example - set up Twitter, Myspace, and Facebook so when she "tweets" on Twitter, her words automatically appear on FB and MS.

If a person has those sites set up to send text message alerts when someone like kayden tweets, it gets overwhelming with duplicate messages from the three social network sites.

Immortal 10-22-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rennaryann (Post 28421)

Well, yes it would. But set it up that no one under 18 can see your info or you will have MANY under aged kids coming to your site. But there are other "Social" sites to promote your website too. I'll send you a PM on that.