Thread: Reality TV
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #13
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

I haven't watched a lot of reality TV, although I did watch part of that season of Big Brother (USA) with that doctor from Florida, and did watch the 2 seasons of Survivor with Rupert. I watched a couple seasons off-and-on of Deadliest Catch, caught a couple episodes of the show on lobstermen and watched an episode of the swordfishermen last night along with part of The Colony. That last had some interesting aspect to it, particularly where the experts commented on how the people in the experiment behaved, their motivations, &c. It may be more than a decade now since I feel like I was a true-blue social scientist, but even so there's a huge part of me that just loves getting into behaviours, motivations, &c. Oh, and for those who may remember my occasional genealogy ***-bit (and it is ***-bit--damn puritans & Victorians couldn't deal with just a little "***"! LMAO) there's supposed to be a new sort-of reality show coming to the US this fall (based on a BBC show) called Who Do You Think You Are? where each week a celeb's family tree is probed (much like that short gray guy Roger did to ...never mind! Have to have watched American Dad to get that one, probably) to see what sort of skeletons or nuts are in there.

Last edited by geolarson2; 08-12-2009 at 06:38 PM.
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote