Thread: Movies
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #7
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

I used to love (ok, still do) watching John Carpenter films. I loved The Thing & The Fog especially.

Westerns I was semi-picky about. My Grandpa is a huge John Wayne fan (Liberty Valance is one of his favourites), while I preferred Sergio Leone's spaghetti westerns (The Man With No Name trilogy as well as Once Upon a Time in the West are just simply brilliant in every way).

I've got I think a bent sense of humour, so I'm inclined towards dark comedies like The Big Lebowski, O Brother Where Art Thou? & Fargo. I also really love Murder By Death, Being There and The Magic Christian (hint, there is no Christianity involved), all three of which have Peter Sellers.

Of dramas/action I love most of Kenneth Branagh's Shakespeare adaptations (Hamlet & Henry V are especially brilliant--I like them much better than Sir Larry's versions to be honest), Three Days of the Condor, Dirty Harry, something that keeps me thinking or on the edge of my seat, ya dig?

As far as sci-fi/fantasy goes, I love me a good director's cut of Alien, the Matrix, the Lord of the Rings movies made me appreciate LotR again after disliking the book for many years (one of those times where I ruined a good thing by obsessing over it when I was a kid--like peanut butter & jelly).

When I was a kid I used to watch the "Monster Mash" on Saturdays at noon--caught lots of Godzilla & Gamera as well as Abbott & Costello Meet... movies, lots of Bogie (Loved The Maltese Falcon & Treasure of the Sierra Madre), The African Queen (loved John Huston as well--what anamazing director--liked Clint Eastwood's fictionalized account of the making of African Queen as well, White Hunter, Black Heart--or maybe it was the other way around).

Most of the time though I'm scanning the various news channels or programs (I flip the channels rather than focusing on just 1 outlet), watch British shows on BBCAmerica, DVD or video (i.e., Dr. Who, Being Human) or US shows like V, LOST & FlashForward, with a generous helping of toons in there as well (South Park, Family Guy, Simpsons, AdultSwim, &c.).

BTW, who needs a driver's license, eh? I gave up mine, too, Laranger (nice to know I'm not the only one with sense enough to know when to stop). Who needs the fees, insurance, gas, traffic, &c., right?

Last edited by geolarson2; 07-29-2010 at 09:31 PM.
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote