View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 04:05 AM   #627
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Sorry to hear Nocturnal was a bummer, again, Ms D, but more importantly I hope LB continues to recover. My Mom's dog got stung on the snout a few weeks back--swelled up more than double. She took the woofman to the vet who told her dog, like people, can be allergic to stings and like people can go into shock & die. He's a tough bugger though (I imagine LB is too), and after a shot, a course of antihistamines & steroids he's recovered. I can empathize a bit though (I was very anxious about him--I did not know a dog's snout could swell that much or that fast).

Funny ...I started college as a bio major (took AP bio in HS, chem, physics; took trig between my HS Jr. & Sr. years at the junior college, passed them all), and wound up switching to social & behavioral sciences. Nowadays math kicks my butt, but I'm an arrogant cuss who still does long division just to prove I can (mostly to myself now though, lol!). Who knows where you'll wind up? Just enjoy the ride & the learning I say! I like that you're varying the scope of your classes. By the time I was in my last undergrad year I felt soooo rushed and like I'd missed out on so much (the classes I wanted to take, but didn't because they didn't "add to" my major or minor but which would, I'm sure, have been amazing fun and taught me as much as any prereq, GE or core ...).

Skipping back, the house reference from several weeks ago now was the Rebecca Nurse house in Salem. I was pretty sure I was being obtuse then--reading back, who would get that reference? Not I.

Cheers!
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote