View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
Anoree

Default You're not alone, Ugo!

Ugo, my friend!

You're not alone. You're doing an exhausting job, giving all your support and love to your mother, and she can do little to give you back some love.
Family can get cruel some times. That's expecially hard when you ought to depend on them for their support.

I've got an aunt, living in the US for I think 40, 50 years now. She is now starting to fight about the bequest of her parents with her brother. My grandmother died some 25 ago. My father, her second brother, who handled most of the legal stuff after my grandmothers death, is also dead a couple of years now, so he can't say what happened exactly.
I do think most of the bequest was used to pay the funeral and pay some of the medical bills that had piled up. I don't think there was much left.
Now my aunt says she was left out in the bequest, the land my uncle and his wive have now in Greece, must have been payed with the bequest, and wants some money of that. But they had that land way before my grandmother died.

You see, others have some cruel family, too. I hope your family sees one day what an effort you put into caring for your mother and come around finally.