View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 01:50 AM   #6
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

I know that when I 1st logged on here there was this neat little corps of folks (WhyYou, Ugo, Ryan, LeoRex, Tigger, laranger and a few others). Ryan, I think, was the first to disappear. I seem to recall he was having some difficulties at work, so maybe that had something to do with it. LeoRex disappeared at the end of 2008, although I've noticed he does get on at his MySpace account (my own MyS account gets precious little attention from me). Those spaces have been filled by a few others (i.e., Geezer, grande351, Anoree, et. al.), but the "feel" of the board did change. I don't get here as often as I once did. Life happens. In my case, I have family members who are moving, another who is retiring (sort of), and a couple others whose health has had me increasingly worried. For what its worth, I barely have time to do those other things I fill my days with, so its not just Ms D's site that I've been missing out on . I do know that there were times when folks got their feeling hurt or were offended (and I suspect some of my long dissertations didn't help--I tried to delete some once upon a time so as not to give further offense, but it was too late--of course there were some things written by others that bothered me, too). I did like the lightness of some threads, as well as the deep conversations some of us got into, but with my increased absences, I've found it hard to sort through all the threads, picking out what I read before from what's new and making sense of it all--makes my poor li'l brain hurt sometimes! But I've been around enough to have noticed the same thing those folks who posted before in this thread did. One thing I do want to make clear though is that while I was wary of this board to begin with, I came to thoroughly enjoy it, and now that I have less and less time to spend here, I find myself missing it and wondering how all of you have been. Cheers all!
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote