View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 12:29 AM   #8
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

I've never been outside the US (unless you want to count the odd Res, which I do)--I'm not inclined to get a passport. And I've only been east of the Colorado-Kansas-Nebraska border twice in my life, although I'd love to visit Massachusetts, Rhode Island & upstate New York (where my Mom's family comes from). So I'm a creature of the American west, and I do love this place so much, and I've seen some very nice parts of it, beginning with Yosemite; then the Great Divide of the Colorado Rockies; the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado, the Red Feather Lakes, also in Colorado where I camped spring, summer, fall & winter; Big Sur in California; the entire coastlines of Sonoma & Mendocino counties, California, especially Bodega Head; Mount Shasta was beautiful (when I was around 6 we took the summer and traveled from San Jose to the Pinnacles, Monterey, Carmel, Big Sur, Yosemite, Mt. Lassen, Mt. Shasta, Crescent City and then back along HWY 1 across the Golden Gate. Closer to home, I so love Lake Tahoe, especially Sand Harbor on the Nevada side, and Virginia City has its charms, and then there are the mustang that just roam around here. The only thing I could wish for is for someone not to ask why I'm wearing a skirt if I'm in my kilt (hey, if I'm in a skirt, I'm in a skirt--I've got the legs! ) What a great thread!
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote