View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolarson2 View Post
We have birthdays, jokes, and all sorts of topics here, so I figured, why not weather?

To start things off, and to paraphrase something a guy named Jim Lovell once said, "Houston, we've got snow here." At about 10:30 this morning it started snowing for the first time since last March or April here in the Truckee South Meadows. At shortly after 6AM as I watched the sun rise over the Huffaker range to my east, I recalled that old nautical saying, "Red before night, sailor's delight; red before morning, sailor's warning." It was a red morning with clouds covering the sky east to west. When I went to bed last night, the sky was clear, the stars out showing very crisply. Last night the temp also dipped quite low--for the first time in months, the furnace actually kicked on (and it was turned down low). To BledAngelShadow, laranger & DWM222 and anyone else east of me and in this latitude, chances are its going to get cold your way soon, so break out those coats, gloves, hats, &c.! Think about it--snowboarding, skiing, tubing, &c., are maybe just a couple weeks away! Boo-yeah!
Its already cold here...bummer, I hate the cold
DWM222 is offline   Reply With Quote