View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 02:18 AM   #21
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Robin Williams, in Good Morning, Vietnam, and Ollie Williams, the weatherman from Family Guy would probably describe the weather here as "cold and wet!" Over the past few weeks, the weather here in the mountain shadow between the Sierra Nevada and Great Basin desert has gone hot & cold. Now, for a couple days running, it has been decidedly, and one-sidedly cold. Sun evening it rained enough to cause a blackout, tonight on my way to & from the pharmacy (chemists to those in the UK, Canada, Australia & NZ), which is just 2 blocks away, I watched the clouds, big purple things, roll over & down the slops of the Sierras, that mist that indicates rain coming along with them. Earlier in the day, I'd been out to the supermarket which is about a mile down the road, I noted that Mt. Rose (the other side of which is Lake Tahoe) & Slide Mountain were both covered with a very nice coat of snow. In just the short amount of time it took me to go to & from the drug store, a heavy mist began to come down. I knew it was coming, since I'd been watching the local Fox affiliate (which is also the Fox affiliate from Oakland CA) and had seen it drizzling down in the SF Bay Area (must have been nice, Geezer, to get the rain before it came over the Sierras & got cold--burrrr!), so here's a warning for those folks to my east in UT & CO--bundle up if you haven't already. This might turn out to be one of those extra-cold years like we had back in 2004, although I'd be surprised if we got as much snow as we did then
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote