View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #28
grande351
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
Well i'm sure he would have done the same for me. 90 miles is a long way Grande351. Luckly i only live 5 miles from my works plus i have very good public transport in my area. On a nice Summer morning i have actually walked to work taking about an hour and half. But not too often though lol. I managed to get a lift every day. Most of England does have good public transport and i agree taxis here are very expensive. For example a bus to my works would cost £3.10 and a taxi £14. Taxi to London from Kent would be about £45 and a coach about £12.
Wow, I'd love to be able to walk to work. Around here business parks are usually a good way away from housing areas. When I've been to your country it's always been for work. Our sister company is in Watford and I always stay at a hotel that's less than a mile away. I really liked being able to walk to work. Besides that, I could use the excercise!
The last time I took a side trip down to Weybridge. I plotted the whole journey using the TFL website. It took a little over an hour, but I made it without a hitch. It felt great. The system is easy to figure out ever for a dumb American like me
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote