Thread: Favorite Music
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 01:33 AM   #77
Index-of-Beauty Ben
In Love with Danielle

I was a radio DJ for about 3 years and that put me in pop music hell. I have my misgivings about pop/rock music from the last 30 years.

I am also a semi-pro musician - playing out when I can. I sing mostly blues/soul/classic R&B in the way of Motown, Stax, Chess, Vee-Jay etc. Blues is my true bag as far as music. However, when I was younger, I listened to a lot of classic country and hard rock. It was all that was available to me on the radio or in the house. When I moved out to college, blues, jazz, and swing were introduced to me through nightlife. I had always sang in some format and eventually just made the transition into bands at that point in my life. Music has been a good companion when beautiful women have been in short supply.

American blues music - folk blues or country blues as its called in some circles - is the basis for all other American music that's come after it, even country and rap to some degree.