View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 04:23 AM   #35
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail_Away View Post
No Bush retires Jan 20, 2009 and either Obama or McCain will replace him
Unless by some amazingly weird twist everyone votes Libertarian, Green, Reform or Independent. Of course, I'm not sure if all those 3d parties are on the ballots of every state. I checked on AZ early voting, and apparently it began on 10/2. Here in NV it begins on 10/18 (if I remember right). I think they already started in OH and a few other states, too. Wherever you are, if you haven't already registered, you might be able to get a provisional ballot on 11/4 (no guarantees) because registration I think is closed in all 50 states, territories, &c., and double check with your county clerks' offices to see when/if you have early registration or when you can request an absentee ballot & when its due (no later than 11/4 of course). I forget under which article its covered in the Constitution (2d, I think), giving each state the discretion on how it conducts its presidential election. Remember, in most (if not all) of the 13 originals, it was up to the state legislatures to choose their electors; now its up to the voters, but with some caveats depending on the state. As Hardy said to Laurel, "This is another fine mess you've gotten me into!" Bonk! In any event, W is out on 1/20 as soon as whomever is sworn in, but with the way the economy is, plus the wars, &c., I expect the prez-elect & his (I assume again) transition teem will be spending a lot of time at the Exec. Mansion or OEOB--I know that both Barack & John should already be getting copies of the same briefings (intel reports for example) GWB gets, beyond what they get sitting on their various committees.
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote