View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 04:45 PM   #24
Geezer
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by grande351 View Post
Max, please hear me out.
You have a lot of strong opinions about women, football, cars...etc, and I respect that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My comment to you is that you're way to young to be so bitter, especially about women.

I am going to turn 41 next month and I have never, I repeat, never had a serious relationship that lasted more than a few months, and damn few of them at that. Does this mean I hate women and blame them? Hell No! Quite the contrary. I love and respect women! I have a lot of female friends for whom I care deeply. Most women are not evil, manipulative monsters. It's not their fault they don't find me attractive, and it's not their fault I have such a strong fear of rejection that I have difficulty approaching them. The blame belongs to me, and me alone. To address this I'm trying to improve my appearance by losing weight and overcome my shyness by trying new things and "stepping outside my comfort zone". It's an everyday struggle. You have no idea how awful it is growing up as the awkward fat kid and what that does to your self-esteem. I can tell you, it sucks! I only wish I'd realized the root of my problems when I was your age, and had not been in denial for so long.

I'm still holding onto hope that my "Dream Girl" is indeed out there somewhere, and I'm going to make sure I'm ready when I find her.
Wow, Grande351! That took some courage to write about yourself. I could be wrong, here, but I am certain the majority of forum regulars share your difficulties with women. If we took a poll, I bet a HUGE percentage would be "single men who do poorly with the ladies." Or, just "troubled souls" in general.

After all, IF we were in good healthy relationships, WHY would we be sitting here consoling each other? Wouldn't we be spending time with the woman in our life, instead?
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote