View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #67
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Its the spring equinox today! As soon as just a couple weeks ago we got some snow here in the Truckee Meadows, not much and it burned off quickly, but still. And over the course of the past few days the windows and doors have been wide open airing the place out. I turned the furnace down days ago, although I hadn't heard a peep from it for a couple weeks (not since that last snow). Anyway, I took my Mom's puppy (standard chihuahua) out for a short walk, bugs are flying, birds are twittering (huh, I didn't even know they were computer savvy!), the grass is greening up, and I saw a couple little flowers (aka dandelions) emerging. Nice time of year, nice weather ...maybe that's why I couldn't sleep--too nice a day to waste? I can say this--the sunrise over the Huffaker Range was quite lovely. So, anyway, take a moment folks and stop and smell the roses because Spring's here!

Oh, nearly forgot to mention the small quake we had here the other day--small enough not to disturb me much (unlike the swarms we had last year this time--but that's what happens when you live on top of a magma chamber!)
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote