Thread: Sports
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #9
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

For what its worth, I rarely miss the World Cup. When I was a kid, I got to see the San Jose Earthquakes play, as well as the Colorado Caribou. I played soccer (fullback & halfback) from 8 -12 (far from great), but really loved swimming. If its on, I watch it. AS much as I respect Michael Phelps, though, Natalie Coughlin is far and away the best all-round swimmer the US has had in I don;t know how many years. I also respected Gary Hall, Jr. because in part he's T2 diabetic and despite what his doctors told him--that he'd never swim in the Olympics again--he did in Athens in '04, and he was over 30 at the time, too. I swam 'fly & the IM competitively from 8-14 back in Colorado--really great times! And I was on a team that used an indoor pool so even when it was snowing outside, we still had practices and meets. And when I was a teen, I took up golf which was really fun--I loved sand traps! Gimme a sand trap and I could have the ball back out within 2 strokes. Most of the time I handicapped myself with just a 5-iron to drive, a sand wedge or 9-iron and my putter, then pushed hard to make par. Alright, so I rarely (maybe never) made par with those clubs, but it was fun trying!
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote