View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #15
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

I love individuality and love people who express themselves whether or not I agree with their views or actions. Personally, though, I'm not fond of tattoos, particularly the larger ones on women. A finer tattoo on an ankle, maybe, but the rest leaves me cold. I'm not entirely comfortable saying that, though, because a few years back I read a critique of something Michelle Ashton had been in that was devoted less to her performance and more to her tattoos. To sum, the reviewer was particularly harsh with regard to Ms Ashton's appearance (and for those who don't know who she is or what she looks like, one side of her body, shoulder to thigh, is covered in tattoos). Criticizing someone for their performance, okay, when constructive. Criticizing someone for their appearance is just not cool. Like I said, I'm not fond of tattoos but respect Ms Ashton's choice (to be honest, her tattoos would look better on paper framed and hanging on a wall in a gallery--they are that nice). I am glad that Ms D has chosen to lose her tats, too. I respect her for getting them, even if deep down (maybe not so deep) I look at them as more spray-paint on a DaVinci (). With regard to her piercings though, I'm more neutral. I pierced my ear once upon a time (in a galaxy far, far away). I kept a little silver stud there, sometimes trading off with a nice diamond, (although if I'd had the guts then I'd have gone with a nice, big gold earring so I could say "Aargh!" and get away with it better ). My earring came out when I got bored with it and just simply felt it was time to move on. I can respect Danielle for wanting to move on now, too. The nose stud came out which is fine with me. Its her body, its her choice how she wants to use it to express herself. All of which is a long way of saying that A) I think you're lovely as nature made you and B) Whatever you choose to do is cool with me.