View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #297
Pin-Up Artist
Board Newbie

Hi Danielle,

Hope you're feeling better. Good excuse to veg, though.

Don't let a-holes get you down. You can't make people less jerky. People are going to say mean things about you; you, at least, have an army of fans who'll defend you. If someone tells a lie about you, give it the worry it's worth, which is none at all.

As for your driving across the USA idea: flying's quicker, but you'll miss a lot. (Plus airports are the most awful places nowadays!) Particularly in the Southwest, there are a lot of roadside attractions to see, & some of them might like to have you pose in front of them--good PR, y'know? I've driven across country three times, & you never know until you're on the road how much there is to see. For instance, last year, my then-girlfriend & I wanted to see Mount Rushmore, but because we were driving, we also got to go to Wall Drug, Devil's Tower, WY & The Little Al'E'Inn in Rachel, NV.

If you get a chance, pick up a copy of On The Road, & if you still don't have a boyfriend when decide to go, & want a veteran traveler for company, let me know
Pin-Up Artist is offline   Reply With Quote