View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 11:33 PM   #165
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Danielle, you wrote "Another thing I would like to know is why there are only 189 "active" members on the board but 414 members? That's more than half the people that signed up that aren't actively posting on the forums. Post people, post! " on your replies page.

I'd like to know what constitutes an "active member?" And, I see things like "newbie" and "in love with Danielle" and other phrases next to people's names. How does this happen? Does the forum software count the number of posts by a person and then "upgrades" their "status" based on that. HOW does this Forum work, anyway.
You are an "active" member if you have posted on a thread within the past month I think. So 125 people signed up but aren't posting. The whole "newbie" and "in love with Danielle" is given based on how many posts you have. Obviously if you've posted only once you get the title of newbie. Not sure what all the titles are but it's always interesting to find yourself "moved up." And it's all done by the forum software...which I am not in charge of and have no idea how it really works.