View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAR View Post
I may post another response when I have more time. For now my first impression is the high quality and elegant class of the production, excellent acting by Danielle and James, the scenery, costumes, story, dialogue, camera work, props... all are outstanding and far above what I have seen elsewhere.

Frankly I have no criticism about any detail other than I would have liked to hear James better. He has a good voice and presence that conveyed sincerity and confidence in his character. Having worked on movie sets myself I can empathize with the challenges of obtaining good sound reproduction. James' voice needed to speak softly and intimately at times. If he spoke loudly it could have come across as strained or inappropriate to the moment.

I am a part-time music and sound person and would have liked to have had some included, but that would have required a more extensive production than reasonable. If it is not applied skillfully, in post-production, it can ruin a scene. If it is done well it can add dimension to the dramatic effect. In my opinion this piece does not need it.

As it is, fortunately every ruffle, whimper, word, cry and lash that had an essential meaning was clearly audible, the lighting and washes were excellently applied, adding up to a remarkable sense of intimacy and of being there in person. For anyone who doesn't know, this is extraordinarily difficult to achieve. It takes a high degree of talent, intuitive connection and understanding between all involved. Kudos to everyone!

This is a great piece Danielle and her team can be proud of. As with her other work, I feel this has raised the bar for this subject matter. Audiences and those producing in the industry would do well to take serious notice of this lady's exceptional performances, artistic sense and unique creativity.

Bottom line, it appears evident that she does what she loves, loves what she does, has the very rare ability to communicate her natural sincerity, honesty and openness, with integrity to her audiences. Adding to all that is her humility...if not, thankfully, modesty.

But don't tell her I said so, the brat might let it go to her head.
Wow...I really, truly appreciate you writing all this. I love how you made specific comments about things (lighting, sound, etc). It really does give me an idea of what worked. Thank you for writing this.