View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 05:28 PM   #16
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

I started college as a bio major, and wound up taking my MA in history instead. Sometimes when you start, you think you know what you want to pursue, but the great thing about GE is you have to test the waters in other places as well. So I found myself taking bio courses as well as psych, found I liked psych better. Then psych and anthro and found I liked both the physical anthro aspects (reminded me of bio) and the cultural ones. And then I took some classes in history, found I could bring in some cultural studies to it, toss in some social psych and sociology to try and understand what motivates people and next thing you knew I'd changed majors, again. Meh, its all good. 10 years from now you could be running that preschool, or working as a crime scene tech with a pathologist formerly known as Danielle FTV.

As for Dildo, I assume you're referring to Dildo Bugger? Frito Bugger's nephew? You know Frito, went on a quest with Spam and a couple other short fat foul-mouthed dudes, that big Stomper guy, that not-so-good magician, Goodgulf to, I think it was, something Sorehead lost. Remember? Sorehead's possy, the Nozdrul were chasing Frito, Spam, et al all around (except when they went underground and were chased by the Ballhog)? Sorry, I see the word "dildo" and two things pop into my mind: 1. that the word derives from diletto, to delight & 2. the Harvard Lampoon book, Bored of the Rings.

BTW, Godiva translates as "Gift of God" (Godgifu in Anglo-Saxon).