View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #42
Jeffrey99
Dreaming of Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyYou View Post
Jeffrey...the issue is not whether he can have his own opinion...it's how he presents his opinions. He doesn't say...I don't like that car...or...I have read that that car doesn't do well on corners...or...I think that that car isn't worth the money. Instead he says...that car sucks, anybody that drives that car is an idiot...or...automatic transmissions are for losers...or...dual gerbox transmission are just like automatics and automatics suck...or...don't buy that car, I know it's not worth the money. He states his opinion from a first hand viewpoint rather than from an observers viewpoint.
I can understand that to a point. But most people I know, whether talking politics or cars or sports, don't preference what they say with "I read" or "So and So said".

I mean, I've never been to the moon but if we are talking about it I'm not gonna preference my opinions with those statements.

I don't know Max at all and I don't know who's opinions are right. However if his opinions are so wrong, why not provide documentation stating otherwise. I mean, in all honesty, who should the people that can't drive that car believe, some people on a forum or people from a respectable car magazine? I'd be more inclined to believe a car magazine.