FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2008, 06:42 AM   #1
Anoree

Default Paranormalities

Hello Folks,

I noticed that there's no thread yet for paranormal things.
I wonder what you guys think about it.

For myself I think that there's way more hapening than science can explain.
And there's a reason for it: I experienced some weird moments myself.

Normally I don't remember what I'm dreaming at night. Sometimes I remember a dream when I wake up, but I know I was just dreaming.
On very rare occations I wake up from dreaming, knowing that was not just an ordinary dream. There I would have a few seconds worth of a situation I know I never was in and probably won't be in the future.

But later on in life, weeks, months, or even years later, I would have a Deja Vu. I go to a situation where I instantly remember that dream I had way before the circumstances for the situation were at hand. That can get you the shivers, let me tell you.
I only had that just about 6 to 8 times throughout my 38 years, and I think it's getting more sparse the older I get.

So I think I know first hand that there's more than we know about.
Discussions opened.
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
danielle_ftv
Administrator

Well I've always believed in the paranormal. I've had times were some weird things have happened that are completely unexplainable. Like once when I was in church summer camp (when I was 11 or 12) all of the summer campers (about 200 or 300 kids) were in service. The pastor was giving a pretty normal sermon and asking us who wanted to ask Jesus into their hearts (the normal stuff) and all of a sudden everyone in the front rows started crying, then before you know it everyone in the whole auditorium was crying. I think that some spirit/higher power/whatever you want to call it, came into us and made everyone started crying....it was really weird.

Then there was this other time in New Hampshire. I was driving around with a friend, it was about two o'clock in the morning. We were driving on this almost paved but mostly dirt road. There was a forest on our right and a field surrounded by trees on our left. So anyways we are driving and all of the sudden I see a woman in colonial times clothing hanging from a tree, right in the middle of the street. My friend jerked the wheel and slowed down a bit, and looked at me. Since he had that reaction I was wondering if he had seen the same thing that I had, so I asked him "did you see that"...he told me yes, so I asked him to explain what he had just seen and he told me that he saw a woman hanging, in old time clothing. That was by far the freakiest thing I've ever experienced. Personally I think that the area we were driving in was haunted and I think that there was a woman who was hung right in that spot.

Yeah...BTW I'm really creeped out right now. I hate telling that story because I always get really scared afterwards.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #3
captnjack
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

That would scare me also. I have never had a paranormal experience myself. The bible references people who are demon possesed and after reading about some of the mass murders I can only attribute some of their actions to demon possession.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
Anoree

That New Hampshire experience would creep me out, too, driving in the middle of the night, comming up to such a sight.

Could it be that someone set it up as a very, very bad joke, or as a scarecrow, dressed in such clothing?

Anyway, I'm sorry that I stirred up that story in you, right at night time no less.
I hope you slept well enough after that one.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
alecarustar
Danielle Junkie

wow Danielle!nice but scary story....

Have you never seen U.F.O.?
I saw it 1 month ago, while i'm driving to work. It had a strange form and it was similar to letter F of the alphabet, it was red and some parts were blue and yellow, very brightness....while i'm watchinhg after 5-10 seconds, it escaped very very fast...
strange and very excintg.. after this experience i believe at E.T. (i'm 28 not a child....)
alecarustar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #6
Anoree

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecarustar View Post
wow Danielle!nice but scary story....

Have you never seen U.F.O.?
I saw it 1 month ago, while i'm driving to work. It had a strange form and it was similar to letter F of the alphabet, it was red and some parts were blue and yellow, very brightness....while i'm watchinhg after 5-10 seconds, it escaped very very fast...
strange and very excintg.. after this experience i believe at E.T. (i'm 28 not a child....)
I haven't seen an UFO yet.
I bet extraterrestrial life exists, though. With billions of galaxys with billions of stars each, it would be stuck-up to think we're alone in this universe.
Do we have other civilisations in the Milky Way? Probably. We're here, so why not others?
Are they visiting us? I don't know. I would be interrested in my neighbours.
Why don't we see them openly? I think, a civilisation sly enough to avoid or survive crisises like nuclear threads, planetary economic breakdowns and meteor impacts might think it wise to let other civilisations ascend up that themselves. Camouflage study visits may be made.
A good point in time to make official contact would be the first space flight, like visiting another planet (we haven't done that, just visited our moon a while ago, but plans for Mars are made already) or another solar system (we're far away from that).
Old 12-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #7
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

Well i'm not too sure if "Deja-vu" comes under paranormalities. But i tend to have quite a few Deja vu's. I've never really spoken about them before. Because i try to ignore them. I usually have two or three a month. Maybe more. I'm not sure if it's actually normal. I know Deja vu is quite common. I would be having a conversation and suddenly i feel i've had this conversation before. I even know at times what the person i'm talking to is going to say before he/she would say it. This has happened many times or given someone an answer before they've asked the question. Because i just knew what they were going to say. It used to scare me when i first started having Deja vu's when i was a child. But i would never say anything about it. Everyone just thought i was being silly when i would say "i had a feeling you were going to say that" and usually i was right. I've never really spoken about it to my family. I'm so used to them now i try not to pay any attention to them. I could bore you with many Deja vu's i've had. But i won't lol.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #8
Anoree

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
Well i'm not too sure if "Deja-vu" comes under paranormalities. But i tend to have quite a few Deja vu's.
Interesting story, mart. And a quite frequent occurance, I think.

I never really discussed my Deja vus openly either. I told about them in the family, but the usual reaction is "Nah, you've just mixed things up. That can't be." So I shut up.

For me foreseeing (like in "looking into the future") falls under the paranormal, wether it's just a few seconds ahead or months inbetween. And this is where I see our Deja vus.

Clairvoiance certanly is paranormal, but that's an other branch. Foreseeing and clairvoiance are commonly intermingled, though.

I find it interesting seing reports or documentaries on TV where clairvoiants actually help in police cases where all other traces went nowhere. And I'm not talking about entertainment shows. I don't think these things can be forced.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #9
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

I have had a cupple of things strange happen. The one that has happen a cupple of times is i go to call home and sarah calls me at the same time and the phone never rings and we are conected. That has happened 2 or 3 times. A nother one was when i was in the hospital havng my cancer treatments and i was dreaming that the guy in the room with me in the next bed who was parilised from the neck down got up and woke me and said he just wanted to say goodbye. The next morning i got up and found he had dyed that night. I thought about that one for a while after that. I have had the feeling that my late wife was with me at times, could almost smell the perfume she wore. My boss sayes she is watching over me. Gess she is my gardean angel.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #10
grande351

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle_ftv View Post
Well I've always believed in the paranormal. I've had times were some weird things have happened that are completely unexplainable. Like once when I was in church summer camp (when I was 11 or 12) all of the summer campers (about 200 or 300 kids) were in service. The pastor was giving a pretty normal sermon and asking us who wanted to ask Jesus into their hearts (the normal stuff) and all of a sudden everyone in the front rows started crying, then before you know it everyone in the whole auditorium was crying. I think that some spirit/higher power/whatever you want to call it, came into us and made everyone started crying....it was really weird.
So you went to "church camp" too! I used to go for a week every year back when I was in 5th - 8th grades. We did some goofy stuff there!

Your New Hampshire story was very creepy. I can't say I believe 100% in the paranormal, but sometimes very strange things have happened to me that there's no logical explanation for. I also get feelings of Deja Vu all the time. I go places and it's like I've been there before.
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:46 PM   #11
grande351

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger View Post
I have had the feeling that my late wife was with me at times, could almost smell the perfume she wore. My boss sayes she is watching over me. Gess she is my gardean angel.
That's very touching, Tigger
What your boss said must be true, especially considering what you've been through and survived this year.
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:23 PM   #12
geolarson2

While I have no issue with the idea of the spirit living on after death (to me, the body is just a shell that the spirit uses to visit "life" for a while to learn), and while I've visited a few haunted places (the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park CO is far and away my favourite, plus the Winchester House in San Jose Ca, the Presidio in San Francisco and Virginia City NV with the Old Washoe Club), I had my doubts about ghosts until very recently. By nature I'm a bit skeptical--I'm not a believer in conspiracy theories for one thing, and I joke with my niece that bigfoot is really just a hippie who got lost in the woods (big, hairy, smelly, whines a lot, eats berries, hug trees ...wait, that's me!Oh, wait, I'm a size 10D, nope not me, but close enough!). Just a few days back (right around 2 weeks ago), I woke up in the middle of the night to what felt like someone sitting on the foot of my bed. I sleep alone, so that was a bit unexpected. My first instinct was to brush it off as a mild earthquake having spent more than 20 years living in the Bay Area and still lining in a seismically active area. But then I felt that wobble in the bed springs again (another reason why I should have stuck with my old memory foam mattress!), and it definitely didn't feel like a quake. Then my niece's rabbit, who sleeps in her cage at the foot of my bed, started jumping around, so I turned over, opened my eyes and as I looked, and this was around 3AM, give or take a half hour, I saw a distinctly darker shadow at the foot of my bed that moved very quickly off to the side towards the window (which was closed, so nothing was moving the blinds, either). My first thought was "holy crap" followed by a few stronger expletives, but I wasn't exactly afraid, just startled a bit. Anyway, in the past couple weeks since I've been rationalizing what I saw or think I saw as a glitch in my optic nerve or a floater in my ocular fluid or something like that, but at the same time I do now think that I saw something out of the ordinary, so who knows ...?

Last edited by geolarson2; 12-06-2008 at 10:27 PM.
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:35 PM   #13
geolarson2

Oh, sorry, haven't seen any UFOs, did get creeped out at the Winchester & Stanley (I'll tell you what, though, if there really are ghosts, I plan on retiring to the Stanley! Gorgeous digs!), do believe in Bigfoot (I've camped enough between Yosemite-Calaveras Big Trees, Lassen & Shasta and have heard enough calls in the night that weren't bears, elk, or anything else I can even come close to recognizing outside the ape house at the Denver or SF Zoos). I was told that deja vu was the result of one optic nerve being just enough shorter than the other, so the brain registers an image a fraction of a fraction of a millisecond sooner than the other arrives causing the impression, but I not 100% sure I buy that explanation.

And as far as the NH story goes, Ms D, if you ever make it back to Salem, say "hi" to my great-great-great-&.-grandma, Rebecca--she was hanged there in 1692 for witchcraft. Oh, but speaking of that, when I was really little, after my Dad died, I used to have what my Mom called an "imaginary friend" that I called Polly. Skip forward a few decades and I'm into genealogy and guess who should pop up--my great-great-great grandma, Polly, whose image looks remarkably like my old "imaginary friend" Polly--same Victorian-style clothes, same round face, same eyes ...take that as you will ...
Old 12-07-2008, 03:48 AM   #14
eastbill
Danielle's Biggest Fan

danielle... that new hampshire storie gives me the creeps.... i bet you were freaked about that one.
eastbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:58 AM   #15
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

Several years ago, when I was online with the Prodigy internet service, I got into the room we all hung out in only to find out that the most loved person there had passed away in her sleep the night before. I felt a wave of grief hit me and through the grief a song came to me. So I wrote it all down, got out my guitar and found the music that fit. After that, whenever I sang that song (and this still happens to this day) I can feel her right there with me helping me to sing it well and sing it strong.

The song is titled Heartsong (this was her nickname in Prodigy)

Heartsong, you will always be our friend
You taught us all how to love again
Even though you're not with us now
We remember the way you loved us all, somehow

Heart, Heartsong, we know
You're in a better place now
Heart, Heartsong
Your love will live in us
And keep us strong

Heartsong came into our lives one day
She held our hands and hugged the night away
We stayed around and played some little games
Now she's gone and we don't feel the same

Heart, Heartsong, we know
Heart, Heartsong
Your love will live in us
And keep us strong

One day we all pass away
And we'll, go to that better place to stay
We will...meet Heart and then
We'll hug her once again
But for now we'll just keep her love within

Heart. Heartsong, we know
Heart, Heartsong
Your love will live in us and keep us strong

I feel her with me now as I type the words.

BTW...I made an mp3 of me singing this song...if anybody is interested.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #16
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoree View Post
Interesting story, mart. And a quite frequent occurance, I think.

I never really discussed my Deja vus openly either. I told about them in the family, but the usual reaction is "Nah, you've just mixed things up. That can't be." So I shut up.

For me foreseeing (like in "looking into the future") falls under the paranormal, wether it's just a few seconds ahead or months inbetween. And this is where I see our Deja vus.

Clairvoiance certanly is paranormal, but that's an other branch. Foreseeing and clairvoiance are commonly intermingled, though.

I find it interesting seing reports or documentaries on TV where clairvoiants actually help in police cases where all other traces went nowhere. And I'm not talking about entertainment shows. I don't think these things can be forced.
It mainly happens during conversations or if i walk into a room i know i've never been in before. Suddenly i recognise everything in the room. I used to find it quite scary like as if something bad is going to happen but doesn't. I'm not superstitious at all. I like to think i'm a straight thinking bloke. But i do wonder why i have them. Would you like to say some of the Deja vu's you've had Anoree?.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #17
Anoree

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
It mainly happens during conversations or if i walk into a room i know i've never been in before. Suddenly i recognise everything in the room. I used to find it quite scary like as if something bad is going to happen but doesn't. I'm not superstitious at all. I like to think i'm a straight thinking bloke. But i do wonder why i have them. Would you like to say some of the Deja vu's you've had Anoree?.
Hmm, that sounds YERY familiar.

My Deja vu's aren't spectacular, rare and only a few seconds long each.
And the memory to the early ones fades away.

There was a moment in my mother's bathroom, where I was trying to fix something under the hand basin. That was after my father died, who normally would have looked after it. The window was tilted open and I could hear someone outside talking. I looked up to the window and - bam - I knew I had dreamed of a look from the EXACT angle and those words I heard about 1 1/2 years before. At the time of my dream my father was still alive, so I needn't have worried about the basin.

Another time was when I was talking to a new colleague. I didn't recognize the situation at first, but when a certain sentence was said I remembered a dream about 9 months before. The exact face, the exact sentence, even though we never met before.

Those moments are combined with an adrenaline rush after I recognise the dreamt situation.

I have had a few dreams which I thought would fall in this category, but I never stumbled into the situation dreamt. Maybe those dreams are like pinholes to look into a possible future which may or may not become reality.

The exact situation of my early ones I don't remember, but I know I had them. As I said, nothing spectacular, but I know there's more out there than the scientific eye sees.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #18
raven_azrael
Dreaming of Danielle

Well, actually paranormal things get me to try to be a screenwriter. My family always "played" ouija before my sister and I were born. Something haunted us in my parents house. Sometimes we heard noises, others we heard glass shattering and found a small piece of glass near the main door. It use to appear randonly. The last time it appeared (after a 3 years hiatus) was 2 weeks before my mother died. Then my sister and I came with the conclusion that it always manifested before something bad was going to occur. Then we move and my sister bought 2 dogs and they always tried to attack "the air" at nights or cry looking toward a room in that new appartment. In my old house things disspaered and appeared later in the place everybody had looked.
Once my ex girlfriend had to study (18 years at the time) at a friends house and it was far her home and farest than mine. I could not get to pick her up but I was worried. A friend drove her home and saw me standing outside her house waiting for her. My mom told me also that once she saw me entering the house and getting into my room, then she went to talk to me.... I was at universisty at that moment.... I have lots of stories. My sister has premonitios....... Actually during a time I gt use to them....
raven_azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:30 PM   #19
MISSY
Danielle's Imaginary Girlfriend

Before Jeromy and I got married i had a apartment in VA. and I was sitting in my kitchen and my fridge door would open and close all by it's self, others in the building had the same thing happen. I gess we had a hungry gost!
MISSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:48 PM   #20
mart

Quote:
Hmm, that sounds YERY familiar.

My Deja vu's aren't spectacular, rare and only a few seconds long each.
And the memory to the early ones fades away.

There was a moment in my mother's bathroom, where I was trying to fix something under the hand basin. That was after my father died, who normally would have looked after it. The window was tilted open and I could hear someone outside talking. I looked up to the window and - bam - I knew I had dreamed of a look from the EXACT angle and those words I heard about 1 1/2 years before. At the time of my dream my father was still alive, so I needn't have worried about the basin.

Another time was when I was talking to a new colleague. I didn't recognize the situation at first, but when a certain sentence was said I remembered a dream about 9 months before. The exact face, the exact sentence, even though we never met before.

Those moments are combined with an adrenaline rush after I recognise the dreamt situation.

I have had a few dreams which I thought would fall in this category, but I never stumbled into the situation dreamt. Maybe those dreams are like pinholes to look into a possible future which may or may not become reality.

The exact situation of my early ones I don't remember, but I know I had them. As I said, nothing spectacular, but I know there's more out there than the scientific eye sees.
I don't think my Deja vu's are related to any dreams i've had. As far as i'm aware of. I'm not much of a dreamer.
A few of my Deja vu's. I remember as a child being inside and my little brother playing outside climbing one of our trees. As i went to join him and got up the the tree. I had a feeling he was gonna fall and i knew which branch was gonna break. So i told him to get down and after awhile he did. The rest of the day went as usual with no accidents. So i never thought any more of that Deja vu. About week later we were climbing the same tree again.
Only this time he fell but luckly didn't hurt himself yet when i went to help him up it was like i've done this before. Also it was the branch i had imagined that broke. I was just glad he wasn't hurt.
One of the common ones i used to get regularly. Was playing boards games like Monopoly, Snakes and Ladders or Scrabble so many times it was like playing the game again. I always had the Deja Vu of what was coming next. It really felt like i was cheating knowing who was going to do what. Nowadays it's mainly conversations. At times having conversations can get a bit confusing. As to what's Deja Vu and what's real. Like i'll say something and they wonder what i'm talking about. Because i've answered before the subject has been raised. So that's why i try to ignore them.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:37 PM   #21
Anoree

I had a Deja vu again, right in this forum.

I was uploading my just finished photoshop for Lia when it hit again:
I thought "This looks familiar. It's one of those Deja vu's again.", then remembering a dream I had aprox. two years (!) ago.
In that dream I was posting something in an unfamiliar message board system, thinking 'This looks familiar. It's one of those Deja vu's again.'
Duh!

Self fulfilling prophecy? Wrong working memory? I don't know. But this one was almost funy.

I should start keeping records of strange dreams.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:40 AM   #22
mart

Quote:
I had a Deja vu again, right in this forum.

I was uploading my just finished photoshop for Lia when it hit again:
I thought "This looks familiar. It's one of those Deja vu's again.", then remembering a dream I had aprox. two years (!) ago.
In that dream I was posting something in an unfamiliar message board system, thinking 'This looks familiar. It's one of those Deja vu's again.'
Duh!

Self fulfilling prophecy? Wrong working memory? I don't know. But this one was almost funy.

I should start keeping records of strange dreams.
I know exactly what you mean Anoree. Strange how you can remember a dream from two years ago. I guess Deja vu is a very strange phenomenon.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #23
geolarson2

I'be been reading & thinking about this topic a fair bit, weighing whether I believe some/all of it or not (I'm open-minded, and by & large I see validity in some areas, i.e., ghosts, more than others). But it dawned on me this morning that something I sometimes "experience" may fall into this category. I've done a lot of genealogy in the past 15 years, and there have been a number of times when I'll get this mental "nudge" to look here or there to chase down more information, or to look under another spelling of a surname, that sort of thing. This happened just a couple weeks ago when I got that nudge to break out the partial genealogy I'd started on someone back a decade ago which had just been gathering dust (the last time I'd tried anything on it was just a couple years ago when her father, a well-known obituary editor, passed away and I got to read his obit). Anyway, I got that nudge when I woke up in the AM, re-read the obit I'd collected years back, then noticed something in there that opened up a new path for me. Long story short, while I wasn't able to add anything on this person's father's side of her family, I was able with just that one nudge to build her mother's side from nothing into a genealogy that stretched back and linked up with my own family tree in places. I'd never even thought to look at her mother's side, really, but that's where the nudge led me. Does that count as some sort of precognition, or some sort of other worldly whisper in my ear from the other side, I dunno, but with seeing that moving shadow at night a few weeks back, with reading the deja vu comments and so on maybe there is something to those stories, more than maybe I wanted to give credence to. Then again, its also possible that my brain's been working at a very low level on this problem for the past decade and finally something swelled up from those depths and kicked it into a higher gear where I was conscious of it. I'd actually like to think it was a combination of both, though, to tell the truth.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:03 AM   #24
shink1m
Danielle Junkie

The country I'm from, superstition is pretty commonplace. We got stories of winged ugly ladies who fly around with only the top half of their torsos whole (yeah the guts were supposed to be trailing downwards) to cursed stillborn babies who eat the moms who left them to die. Sorry I know it's graphic, but I haven't seen any of those all my life here.

I guess you can always feel something out there, if something or someone's there. But for me, it's all about common courtesy. You don't mess with them, they won't mess with you. It's worked for me so far.

I personally wouldn't wanna see one. At that point I don't think it will matter how brave you'll think you will be. If some scary thing pops in front of you, you WILL find out how fast you will run or how loud you will scream LOL
shink1m is offline   Reply With Quote