FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2008, 11:46 PM   #1
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

Default Strange Day Today

I woke up just fine this morning, took my meds, ate my prunes (yes...prunes), and then things started to go wrong. The first thing that happened was a bit frightening. I was sitting in my recliner breating my oxygen when all of a sudden...the oxygen stopped! This usually means a kink in the tube or something has fallen on the tube...but it wasn't either of those. I got up and followed the hose (it's 50 feet long and I drag it all over my apartment). In the kitchen I found my cat...chewing on the hose! She'd chewed it in several places puncturing several holes in it. I yelled at her then gathered up all of it and sat down to see how bad it was. The hose was ruined so I went to my bag of supplies...and found I didn't have a replacement hose!!! The medical equipment company is closed on the weekend so I had to figure out something quick. First I got on my oxygen bottle (I normally use the machine at home, the bottle is for when I'm out of my apartment). Then I checked the hose for punctures and tried to find some way of using the endpiece for connecting the nosepiece. But that didn't work. So I got a new nosepiece (which had an insertable end on it) and carved the end so that it was beveled a bit. Then I forced the cut end of the hose onto the insertable end. It wasn't easy but I finally managed to get it on. This took me most of the morning. Then I decided to install some new software that I wanted to use for computer maintainence. It took forever with my firewall defense popping up for each thing that the installer wanted to do. In the middle of it all I got an important update download that further complicated things. Then the updater and installer needed to restart my computer. I must have restarted my computer at least 10 times today just to update one thing and install 2 things. I nearly bashed the cpu a few times because it was running so slowly. But everything worked out in the end and now my computer is safer and a little faster than it was.

Ok...that's a long post...bored yet? LOL!
Old 09-21-2008, 12:05 AM   #2
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

Sounds like kitty wanted some oxygen too. Boy if pouncer found a hose laying around, in his mind it would be wispering tear the living sh** out of me. And he would. If sarah leaves her bra's out where he can get them he chewes on them and gets the under wire out of them . Oh does she get pissed. And you cant get that dam wire back in i have tryed.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:16 AM   #3
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyYou View Post
I woke up just fine this morning, took my meds, ate my prunes (yes...prunes), and then things started to go wrong. The first thing that happened was a bit frightening. I was sitting in my recliner breating my oxygen when all of a sudden...the oxygen stopped! This usually means a kink in the tube or something has fallen on the tube...but it wasn't either of those. I got up and followed the hose (it's 50 feet long and I drag it all over my apartment). In the kitchen I found my cat...chewing on the hose! She'd chewed it in several places puncturing several holes in it. I yelled at her then gathered up all of it and sat down to see how bad it was. The hose was ruined so I went to my bag of supplies...and found I didn't have a replacement hose!!! The medical equipment company is closed on the weekend so I had to figure out something quick. First I got on my oxygen bottle (I normally use the machine at home, the bottle is for when I'm out of my apartment). Then I checked the hose for punctures and tried to find some way of using the endpiece for connecting the nosepiece. But that didn't work. So I got a new nosepiece (which had an insertable end on it) and carved the end so that it was beveled a bit. Then I forced the cut end of the hose onto the insertable end. It wasn't easy but I finally managed to get it on. This took me most of the morning. Then I decided to install some new software that I wanted to use for computer maintainence. It took forever with my firewall defense popping up for each thing that the installer wanted to do. In the middle of it all I got an important update download that further complicated things. Then the updater and installer needed to restart my computer. I must have restarted my computer at least 10 times today just to update one thing and install 2 things. I nearly bashed the cpu a few times because it was running so slowly. But everything worked out in the end and now my computer is safer and a little faster than it was.

Ok...that's a long post...bored yet? LOL!
Sounds like more of a "bad" day than a strange one....Glad everything turned out ok.
DWM222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:36 AM   #4
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

I think I know what you mean, on both accounts. I've been feeling run down the past couple days, been having trouble with my blood sugar today, ran out of one med several days ago, went to get it refilled, only to find they can't refill it until Wed. My PC's been glitching all day, every minute or so for about 30 seconds each, even while writing this its glitched about 6 times. I've had to restart my computer a few times, too, thanks to my own updates here. One of those restarts took quite a while to actually go through, too, because Windows would not load. I've been upset personally after reading Danielle's post last night, and wrote a knee-jerk answer to it that when I'd slept on it (sort of--not a good night for sleep) I re-read it this AM and thought it was too prideful, too arrogant and so rewrote it. I'm still not happy with what I wrote--you folks are a lot better at summing things up than I (duh). If brevity is the soul of wit, then I'm the most witless person going. The whole day has just felt wrong though, kind of like swimming in a pool of Jell-O. And since this thing has glitched another half-dozen times, I think I'll call it quits. hope your day gets better, WhyYou
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:14 AM   #5
tigger

I just got a call from saras boyfriends dad. I was expecting somthing rilly bad. But she behaved her self, but he will be grounded for the rest of his life. He took his dads 07 silverodo 4x4 pickup back one of the logging roads up past my house this morning( with sarah) and slid it offthe trail and 150ft down the hill into a mud pit at the bottom. Broke the left front wheel off and scraped the hole drivers side of the truck. The towing company wants $1500 to try to get it out. No garentees. They want the money up front. Sarah told him i have rescued guys befor with the winch on my pickup. So she had him call me. Sarah sent me a photo of it on my phone from her phone. It wont be easy but i think i can get it out without too much more dammage. But i told him that boy is going to be climing up and down the hill draging cable not me. Ill be home wed. Ill have to put some photos up when i get back. I have pulled jeeps out all the time, but a full size truck ,that will pry take all day and that boy is in for a work out. I have a 100ft of cable on my winch bt pulling somthing as heavy as my own truck i will only put out about 25 ft at a time so to get the full puling power f the winch. With the block on it i can pull 1600 lbs but i will have to chain my truck to a tree so it dosent slide. And hope i can do a strate pull or i will have to keep pulling it out ad rewinding it on the drum so it dosent all wind on one side. So ill get to have a little fun when i get home. Sarah is upset because her boy friend is grounded. I told her she should be happy he is not dead. If that thing wuld have rolled they bolth could have been killed.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:07 AM   #6
WhyYou

Teenagers...don't ya just love 'em?...LOL!
Old 09-21-2008, 03:39 AM   #7
Texasdrake
Danielle's Biggest Fan

I done some dumb things as a teenager myself.Took my mom's Chrysler and was showing off to my friend who had a 69 cuda.I was peeling off around a corner after my friend and lost control of it.Ran it over a curb and into the field in front of the High School.The car hit the curb and slid so smoothly across the grass I thought for sure I must have sheer off something underneath.Luckly everything was ok....drove it back home and was looking one last time before going into the house.At the same time my mom walk outside and seen me looking under her car and she asked if I had done something to her car.Tried to have a innocent look on my face and told her no I didn't do anything to her car. (LOL)
Boy I was very lucky that night.My mom was a single mother raising two teenage boys and last thing she needs is to be without a car.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:45 AM   #8
tigger

His dad is pritty pissed. I did some prittty stupid stuff as a teen, but i had my own truck. And it spent a few nights in the woods.lol and i spent a few with it. Thats why i have a winch on my truck now! I got a little smarter as i got older. I think!
Old 09-21-2008, 03:56 AM   #9
Texasdrake
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Funny how we get "wiser" with age..and most of us some how manage to survive our teenage years.For those people wiser people who end up with kids of thier own try to keep them from doing the same dumb things we did,but have little luck preventing it.(LOL)
Old 09-21-2008, 03:58 AM   #10
geolarson2

Yeah, teenagers are stupid, and my friends and I were no exceptions. When I was in high school, one of my friends got this old International Scout and we used to go rumbling around the hills around town, driving through ponds and the like. One night, we were barreling up this hill after driving through the pond and wouldn't you know it? The rear wheel drive crapped out. Turned out, when we were coming out of the water we hit a rock and broke the driveshaft which left us with just front wheel drive and about 25 feet till the top of the hill. We weren't going to make it, wound up getting someone with a wench to haul us up and then had to lash the drive shaft up and use the front to get back home. Could have been worse though--the pond and hill were at a private golf course! Morons, huh? But it was hella fun! My friend kept doing stupid stuff though, and wound up not graduating--the finals straw was bringing a practice grenade to school and showing it off! Live and learn ...never, ever bring ordnance to school, real or not. Good guy though; you could count on him for anything
Old 09-21-2008, 04:31 AM   #11
atticsaurus
Danielle Fan

Send a message via AIM to atticsaurus

My turn for the car story.

We had to drive down dirt roads to a town 30 minutes away to get beer and I had the parents olds 98 full of young ruffians. Well the dirt road crossed a creek and for some reason I did not slow down from the 60 mph i was traveling.

So 15 minutes later when we get to the gas station to get beer I am smelling gasoline. Sure enough I ripped a small hole in the gas tank. Well the ingeneous gas attendant told us to rub soap on it and it would plug it up.

Amazingly this works......

Until a week or so later when the family traveled to the city to go see the movies and it started raining on the way home and melted the soap.

Luckily we made it home but gas was pouring out of the tank and I told my father 'What did you hit?!"
atticsaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:48 AM   #12
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticsaurus View Post
My turn for the car story.

We had to drive down dirt roads to a town 30 minutes away to get beer and I had the parents olds 98 full of young ruffians. Well the dirt road crossed a creek and for some reason I did not slow down from the 60 mph i was traveling.

So 15 minutes later when we get to the gas station to get beer I am smelling gasoline. Sure enough I ripped a small hole in the gas tank. Well the ingeneous gas attendant told us to rub soap on it and it would plug it up.

Amazingly this works......

Until a week or so later when the family traveled to the city to go see the movies and it started raining on the way home and melted the soap.

Luckily we made it home but gas was pouring out of the tank and I told my father 'What did you hit?!"
I can't stop laughing! Ha ha ha ha ...!
Old 09-21-2008, 06:05 AM   #13
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger

It's come to this then, "WhyYou" almost dies from lack of oxygen and we are now talk about our teenage years.

Stay on topic if ya can and then if you have something else off topic, start a new "Fred." MK? Thanks and keep those stories comming, cause what I ever did is not so bad now. LOL

WhyYou time to either get bullet proof hose or remove the Cat. What may have happened if you were asleep or do you not wear oxygen when sleeping?
laranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:04 AM   #14
WhyYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranger View Post
It's come to this then, "WhyYou" almost dies from lack of oxygen and we are now talk about our teenage years.

Stay on topic if ya can and then if you have something else off topic, start a new "Fred." MK? Thanks and keep those stories comming, cause what I ever did is not so bad now. LOL

WhyYou time to either get bullet proof hose or remove the Cat. What may have happened if you were asleep or do you not wear oxygen when sleeping?
Laranger is correct guys. Thank you laranger for pointing it out. Why doesn't somebody start a "I Was A Stupid Teenager" or something of that sort. It would make a good topic for discussion. Maybe I'll start it off. I have some good stories along that line!

The cat will be going at the end of October. My friend, who moved to Virginia in July, is coming here on her way to visit her family in Oklahoma and she's going to pick up her cat then. If I had been asleep there would have been a possibility of dying. However I probably would have just woken up really short of breath and been able to get on my oxygen bottle. A very few times I have dosed off without my oxygen on and woken up a little while later feeling weird. But I wasn't asleep for more than a few minutes.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:31 AM   #15
ugo

The animals are unpredictable, but more our astuteness it is necessary to understand as they is the pets. Because they seem of easy affection and company, but at times we are us to mistake to understand and to calculate our risks to leave to do the liberty to the animals that some trouble can cause.

My life is always unpredictable of every day:
- To see the situation to my mother, if someone of my sisters I am able of to assist with me. And instead I always have to assist to their daily nervous follies, while I am having difficulty to hold my deprived mother of strengths and reasoning. And I still have pains to the wrists and the kidney. (I don't know if you remember,...)
- To the job always exaggeration and overbearance against me. I have always tried to leave to lose. Nothing to be done!!! They keep on commanding. And the Director has always become rabid because of my will of reimbursement. If to change job is difficult indeed.
I don't want anymore by now to fight. Considering that those always want to win against me.
If I had had friends and allies, the thing would be easier.

How do you see? My life doesn't have serenity.
WhyYou, has been all well !!! Thank to God. But it tries to be more careful, and not to tire too much to the computer. Thinks about your health that is more main point. I always think of you as my good dear unforgettable friend. It is happy to be also always with You on this forum of Danielle.
ugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #16
Texasdrake
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Sorry sometimes a post takes on a new life and takes a different route and end up off tropic.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:24 PM   #17
ugo

Texasdrake, You remember me someone famous in Italy. You seem twin's.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #18
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

As long as your ok WhyYou. That's the main thing. Never been a fan of cats not even my sisters. Which i get stuck with from time to time. She has two Mia a female and blacky a male and he hates me lol. I know because he tries to scratch me all the time and manages it sometimes. Mia is a great cat but unfortunately i'm stuck with Blacky at the moment. He has his room and i have mine. We keep our distance lol.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:56 PM   #19
Texasdrake
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Ugo, No I don't personally know anyone fron Italy.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:02 PM   #20
ugo

Here is this person famous of the Italian television. Introduces the sports, and it is nice and witty. I believe that it resembles to You, Texasdrake.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mazzocchi.jpg (7.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 09-21-2008, 05:06 PM   #21
tigger

THEY HAVE THE SAME HAIR!
Old 09-21-2008, 06:47 PM   #22
WhyYou

Before this thread goes off to left field, let's try to keep on the topic of having a bad and/or strange day. Cats and twins should either be in their own threads or in Visitor Messages...ok guys?