FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Default Your Local Weather

We have birthdays, jokes, and all sorts of topics here, so I figured, why not weather?

To start things off, and to paraphrase something a guy named Jim Lovell once said, "Houston, we've got snow here." At about 10:30 this morning it started snowing for the first time since last March or April here in the Truckee South Meadows. At shortly after 6AM as I watched the sun rise over the Huffaker range to my east, I recalled that old nautical saying, "Red before night, sailor's delight; red before morning, sailor's warning." It was a red morning with clouds covering the sky east to west. When I went to bed last night, the sky was clear, the stars out showing very crisply. Last night the temp also dipped quite low--for the first time in months, the furnace actually kicked on (and it was turned down low). To BledAngelShadow, laranger & DWM222 and anyone else east of me and in this latitude, chances are its going to get cold your way soon, so break out those coats, gloves, hats, &c.! Think about it--snowboarding, skiing, tubing, &c., are maybe just a couple weeks away! Boo-yeah!
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolarson2 View Post
We have birthdays, jokes, and all sorts of topics here, so I figured, why not weather?

To start things off, and to paraphrase something a guy named Jim Lovell once said, "Houston, we've got snow here." At about 10:30 this morning it started snowing for the first time since last March or April here in the Truckee South Meadows. At shortly after 6AM as I watched the sun rise over the Huffaker range to my east, I recalled that old nautical saying, "Red before night, sailor's delight; red before morning, sailor's warning." It was a red morning with clouds covering the sky east to west. When I went to bed last night, the sky was clear, the stars out showing very crisply. Last night the temp also dipped quite low--for the first time in months, the furnace actually kicked on (and it was turned down low). To BledAngelShadow, laranger & DWM222 and anyone else east of me and in this latitude, chances are its going to get cold your way soon, so break out those coats, gloves, hats, &c.! Think about it--snowboarding, skiing, tubing, &c., are maybe just a couple weeks away! Boo-yeah!
Its already cold here...bummer, I hate the cold
DWM222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

Here in Missouri it's sunny and a nice 75 degrees with nighttime temps in the 50's.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:33 PM   #4
dtstuff9
Danielle Junkie

It's a beautiful 23°C (or 70 something for our American friends), sunny skies here in Toronto, Canada. Couldn't ask for a better long weekend in October.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! (Or Columbus Day for our neighbours to the south)
dtstuff9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:37 PM   #5
geolarson2

The snow yesterday turned to light hail then rain yesterday late afternoon/early evening, so the snow that had started sticking to the trees, grass, was melted away. On the up side (for me), the Sierra's are living up to their name now ("nevada" means snow-capped). Two weeks ago yesterday, I was down at the pool swimming; 1 week ago it got cold enough to break out the blankets; and now we're getting snow. This, BTW, is about 2-3 weeks earlier than usual.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:42 PM   #6
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstuff9 View Post
It's a beautiful 23°C (or 70 something for our American friends), sunny skies here in Toronto, Canada. Couldn't ask for a better long weekend in October.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! (Or Columbus Day for our neighbours to the south)
Hey there, dtstuff9, Happy Thanksgiving to you! I have an old friend who lives up in Ottawa who works for HealthCanada. Her mom used to be an Assistant (or maybe it was Associate) Dean at York U.

Now, since this is a weather thread, let me just say Lucky! I hear its going to be a bad winter down here, but sincerely hope that you don't have such bad ice storms like a few years back! Now where did I put my Farmer's Almanac ...?
Old 10-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #7
geolarson2

I was looking out my window at the clouds heading east over the Huffaker range and suddenly realized: the weather I'm getting today was Geezer's weather yesterday. Tomorrow it'll be BledAngel Shadow's. The day after that, unless something another front pushes or pulls it aside, its going to go through where laranger & DWM222 live. Just saying ...

And after a morning & early afternoon with some blue skies, its all gone grey and the cloud ceiling has gone down a lot, with some particularly dark clouds thrown in there to boot! No snow here since yesterday, but the wind has that chill to it.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:47 AM   #8
geolarson2

It was gloomy today. Early this afternoon it started sprinkling; now its raining. The local weather says that it'll snow tonight, the only question left is just how low will the snow fall, at my elevation in the Truckee Meadows or just up in the Sierras. Personally, since I don't drive anymore, and I live in apartments so I don;t have to shovel it away, I could do with the snow even though I was planning on taking my younger relatives out for a nature walk tomorrow or Fri since school's out. Might still be possible ...