FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
Raymond
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Default Amanda Knox Verdict

I will NEVER go to italy now. Not if an Honor Student with no criminal background can be railroaded and sentenced to 26-Years in prison with no evidence whatsoever.

ITALY HAS FAILED!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 02:31 AM   #2
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger

Why isn't this in jokes??
Old 12-06-2009, 02:39 AM   #3
Raymond
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranger View Post
Why isn't this in jokes??
Because it's not a joke. If you research the "evidence" they had, it's a horribly weak case.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:05 AM   #4
laranger

Sarcasm is a lost art.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:07 AM   #5
Raymond
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranger View Post
Sarcasm is a lost art.
Sorry, I get it now.

The Amanda Knox Trial=A Joke

I totally agree.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:42 AM   #6
laranger

We are used our legal system and they are used to theirs. I don't like the idea of the judge assisting the jurors, because they may be an influencing factor and people being sheeple will have a tendency to follow his lead instead of using their own minds to reach their own conclusion. I do think the trial would have a much different ending if it were tried in our judicial system.

I feel for the family and Italy has a blackeye over this.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #7
ugo
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

I am sorry for Amanda. But the law it's hard for alls. Guilty or innocent.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:00 AM   #8
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

I can honestly say I wasn't surprised. I too had followed this case for the past couple years. I'm not quite as optimistic that she'd have been acquitted over here though. By and large most jurors tend to give deference to the authorities in the person of the prosecutor. Having said that though I'm not entirely sure that with the scant and heavily contaminated DNA "evidence", the contamination of the jury pool via sensational media, the fact that the prosecutor is himself under indictment, the fact that the Italian Supreme Court already overruled the judge once during the trial (something uncommon from what I understand), I'm not sure that most American prosecutors would have pursued this case. Especially when they had a guy who confessed to the killing and early on said that Ms Knox and her beau had nothing to do with it. And like laranger the idea of having two judges on an 8-member jury panel does disturb me. One thing that I still haven't quite nailed down is whether there's a presumption of guilt and the defendant is then required to prove innocence, or if there's a presumption of innocence and the prosecutor is required to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. I've seen attorneys arguing from both perspectives. In many respects, and while this is technically the main trail, it has more the feel of an American grand jury to me where the prosecutor gets to do all the talking and the jury gives almost always votes to continue with the prosecution. And from what I understand, while in the US appeals are most often sought on technical grounds, sometimes on newly discovered evidence, rather than on a second look at the evidence, in Italy the appeals court can take a look at everything again (although as in the US, appeals courts tend to back up the lower courts from what I understand). There is also ultimately the European Court of Human Rights which I think can take a look once the Italian venues have been covered. My own take is that Ms Knox was guilty of being a young American woman in the wrong town at the wrong time with the wrong prosecutor. (Personally I prefer the British system where the media is largely cut out of the process--if I remember right they can report the crime, &c., but personal details such as a defendant's name are usually withheld, and jurors, as in the US are not allowed to watch the news or read newspapers, &c. during the course of the trial). Oh, and if you're accustomed to wearing underwear but aren't permitted to go to your apartment for, say, 3 days chances are you'd be out buying new knickers or boxers, too, no? I also understand that unlike in America, Italian juries don't have to come to a unanimous verdict to convict, and apparently that was the case here: not all the jurors voted to convict, meaning at least 1 believed she was innocent.

Last edited by geolarson2; 12-07-2009 at 04:09 PM.
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:44 AM   #9
ugo
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

From what I could have understood from You, Geo, thinks that you are also right. Italy is indeed a difficult and complicated country. In Italy there is also the fixation to condemn the president Berlusconi. But of what it? True certainties are not had never. All to empty.
As for the enigma verdicts for the people accused of homicides (true or false). At times he goes for the long ones. And without total truth and true checks. I don't now know if Amanda is innocent indeed (apart her boy). But I believe indeed that it is innocent. Certainly, a lot of Meredith is sorry that there is not anymore.
What can we wish different ways of try all over the world? It is had to do only well if you have checks of true guilt. And not of what he is thought rightly or wrongly.