Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions

Old 03-26-2009, 12:27 AM   #50
j.d.eeViant
Danielle Fan

I have survived and returned!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:04 AM   #51
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Good to have you back. Any good stories of your trip?
CK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #52
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

I just got some sad news . one of Sarahs friends Heather her dad lost his job monday. and last night he hung him self out in the shed behind there house. I dont care how bad things get they are never that bad.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:52 PM   #53
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Wow, my heart goes out to that family. loosing a love one is never easy but under those circumstances... its just tragic. be there for them because they will need it.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:09 AM   #54
tigger

This is a piture of sarah and heather is on the right. She is the one who lost her father this morning. She also has a little brother too i think he is 7. Kids dont deserve this. Killing your self solves nothing. It only hurts the ones left behind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l_e6856f369125dbfa8292b0cddeff4d06.jpg (33.7 KB, 23 views)
Old 03-27-2009, 08:26 AM   #55
captnjack
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

That is really tragic and must have been traumatic for the family.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #56
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

That is so sad Tigger no one should end their life like that. No matter what the circumstances it becomes a terrible waste of life. My condolences to the family i know you be there to support them. Their'll need all the friends they have for this difficult time.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:57 PM   #57
tigger

this is such a waist. the guy was only a few yrs. older than me. had a beautiful wife and two great kids. wife has a good job too. cant understand why he did this over lossing his job, from what Sarah has told me they would have ben ok for a while till he was able to find work! they have some family came in from out of state to help out. i told sarah to let me know if there is anything we can do. grandma took dinner over to them last night.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:51 PM   #58
geolarson2

I'll admit I've thought about it, and often. I've only admitted that to I think 1 other person before, but since this unfortunately had to come up, I guess I might as well say it here. The thing is, no matter how difficult a day seems to be, I've always wound up not doing something rash. A friend of mine from high school hanged himself, a friend from elementary school through jr. high was accidentally shot to death. I don't allow firearms in the house simply because it would be way too easy for me to pick one up and give in--but that's the thing: I'm stubborn, and I have 2 young someone's to watch over and guide for as long as I can, and I don't want to miss one single day of being here with them. I can also say that while I've dealt with depression since I was young, and have had to find new ways of dealing with it in recent years (with some success, since I'm still here), it isn't easy--loss of pride, status, manhood, loss of dreams or hopes and so on take a heavy toll, and a massive sudden shock is just that--a massive sudden shock. Some days are harder to deal with--some days, were it not for those young ones, I do think I'd put an end to it all, and that's where this idea I read about that things aren't necessarily good or bad, they just are, so if you just take and accept them for what they are without imposing your own wishes on them, it makes life so much easier. There's this old parable that sums things up about 3 old men who drink vinegar. Two of the guys wind up wincing or frowning because the vinegar tastes "icky", but the 3rd guy smiles. Why? Well, because the vinegar tastes like vinegar, and that's a good thing just because that's what vinegar's supposed to taste like. I hope that made some sense ...my sincerest condolences go out to your daughter's friend & family, tigger.
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #59
geolarson2

Default Somewhat odd Genealogy Trivia

Way back in my undergrad days, after I'd switched from psych to anthro to history, I found myself in a class on Medieval Britain. While there, I found myself analyzing the motives of the nobles & Crown, and that led me to look at familial ties. Anyway, long story short the whole thing became a nice little hobby of mine that branched out to the rest of Europe and into America. So this morning I'm just scrolling through my index and looking at the various names and such, and it dawned on me--Barack Hussein Obama and Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, President of the United States and Mayor of London respectively, have some interesting parallels in their families. Both have Muslim ancestors, while neither is a Muslim (Obama's grandfather converted to Islam from I think it was the Catholic Church, and Johnson's grandfather converted from Islam to the Anglican Church if I have it right--Obama, of course, was raised by his mother and maternal grandparents who were Methodists). Both are of mixed-race--Obama's father was Kenyan, Johnson's great-grandfather was a Turk (his son, Boris's grandfather, changed the family name from Kemal to Johnson). Both also have their ties to slavery. Obama's mother's family once owned slaves, while Boris's great-great-grandmother was a slave, the difference is that Obama's family's slaves were of African origin, while Johnson's great-great-grandma was Caucasian (and here I don't mean she was white, although she was, I mean that she apparently came from the Caucasus). And while obviously on his mother's side Barack has American ancestry, including a few ancestors from New England, Johnson does, too--his maternal great-grandmother was born Helen Tracy Porter in Towanda PA, while her family came to PA from Connecticut & Massachusetts. It just struck me this morning that here you have two prominent politicians with some interesting titbits of trivia in their family trees. Oh, and by the way, they're distantly related to each other--both are at the very least descended from Edward I of England (Obama through his immigrant ancestors, Edward FitzRandolph of MA & Eltonhead Conway Thacker of VA; Johnson through Auguste Guelph, sister of King George III, who married King Friedrich I of Wuerttemburg).

Last edited by geolarson2; 03-28-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #60
captnjack

Geo your are a fountain of knowledge...where do you find this stuff?
Old 03-29-2009, 01:39 AM   #61
tigger

Sarah called me today. she spent most of the day down at Heathers house helping out with cleaning and cooking along with a few other friends. the funeral is tomarow i wont be able to make it home. Sarah told me that they are having problems with there car they have to unhook the battery at night or it will be dead in the morning. there must be a short somewere. i told her I would look at it when i get home tue. Heathers aunt is staying for a cupple weeks so her mom will have someone there. I told her if they need a car right now to let them use mine. Its not much a 86 camery 3 diffrent colors. i bought it wrecked and using junk yard parts put it back together. dosent look like much but it runs good and gets great gas milage. it makes an exilent run around car. my truck only gets about 12 mpg. Gess Heathers little brother is taking it varry hard, he is only 7yrs. her mom wanted the shed where he killed him self gone so i called down to the fire hall and a cupple of the guys went down and tore it down and hauled off all the crap today. Her mom wants to talk to me when i get home , Heather thinks she wants me to take all the stuff of her husbands out of the garage. but she isnot shure, but i will go over and see her when i get home. the team all pitched in and came up with $250 for me to give her. so that was nice of them.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #62
tigger

Boy did I make a little screw up today!!!!!!!!! We stoped at a rest stop and I had to go varry varry bad. I jumped from the truck ran yes ran into the bathroom just made it on the pot. im sitting there doing my buisnes an i hear girls talking , then it hit me i had run into the ladys room! I sat there till all was quiet thought i had gotten away with it when i came out the door the two girls that were in there were right there!!!! I just said afternoon ladys and quickly got out to my truck.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #63
T-bone Thomas
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger View Post
Boy did I make a little screw up today!!!!!!!!! We stoped at a rest stop and I had to go varry varry bad. I jumped from the truck ran yes ran into the bathroom just made it on the pot. im sitting there doing my buisnes an i hear girls talking , then it hit me i had run into the ladys room! I sat there till all was quiet thought i had gotten away with it when i came out the door the two girls that were in there were right there!!!! I just said afternoon ladys and quickly got out to my truck.
LOL. I can see the situation in my mind right in front of me. So funny! Thanks for sharing with us, Tigger. You made me laugh and saved a boring Sunday.
T-bone Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #64
grande351

OMG Tigger!!!
I've done the SAME thing!
I was at an event in one of those big fairgrounds buildings and they had bathrooms with no doors, just a wall. You walk around the wall and you're inside. To the left it's the ladies' room and to the right is the men's room. Well, I didn't see the sign and went to the left! Somehow, maybe because it was early and the coffee hadn't kicked in yet, I never noticed the lack of urinals and went in the stall and sat down. Just like you, I heard female voices and the cold, embarassing reality set in. I finished my "business" and when I didn't hear anybody, I pulled my pants up, threw open the stall door and made a run for it! I sprinted out of there like that Jamacian fellow that won the Olympics. I don't think anybody noticed
grande351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #65
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Well... i had a similar but different experience. i participated in the Disney World Half Marathon (don't be impressed, i walked it. didn't really run) and i experienced something that i was not aware of. Runner are not shy. several times along the course i saw people running into the bushes to take care of business. Men and women. and sometimes they were not concerned with being hidden as much as going as quickly as possible to not loose time. i could not do that and "waited" until we were in one of the parks. so by the time i get there i am actually running (the only time i really ran) and i run towards the bathrooms... now having been at the parks millions of times i knew where i was going... so i make a mad dash to the bathroom only to walk in and see a line of women waiting to use the stalls. i quickly said "sorry." and started to walk out when i notice the sign said
"MEN" and there were urinals on one side of the bathroom. my look of confusion got one of the women to say "lines in the womens bathroom are worse." and another replied "Nothing we havent seen before." needless to say i never had such a hard time going. think aboug trying to "go" with about half a dozen plus women behind you.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #66
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnjack View Post
Geo your are a fountain of knowledge...where do you find this stuff?
What started off with little hand-drawn charts of English nobles & kings has turned into a 200,000+ person database that I can only keep sorted out using a computer. For me part of the fun was learning a little about someone's background when I decided to add them in, coupled with the research & digging through musty, dusty old books and scanning microfiche & microfilm (when I started, I didn't have a PC--I got one 5 years later, when a top-of-the-line PC was the Pentium 133), and then there's the jigsaw effect. Imagine putting together a jigsaw puzzle that's all face-down, you don't know how many pieces it has, exactly, and trying to sort it out by learning what clues each piece has and then filling them in. (I actually used to do that stuff when I was a kid with MC Escher puzzles.) But to be honest my knowledge is pretty scatter-shot anymore. I'm not 100% sure what got me thinking about Boris Johnson & Barack Obama--might have been listening to the radio where Mick Fleetwood was being interviewed, which reminded me of John Entwistle (they sound similar in conversation, and kinda look similar, at least their noses), which reminded me of Boris the Spider which I guess is what made me think of Boris Johnson. And then a little later I had cable news on and naturally they were talking about the Obama administration and so maybe somewhere in the deep, dark recesses of my mind (places no one should go without taking precautions), up popped the whole slavery thing. That, I think, has been rolling around in the back of my mind for a couple months now because it appears that relatives of mine were involved in the American slave trade--and I have no southern ancestry. Back the beginning of the year, I read an article about Rhode Island's slave trade which continued right up 1842 (I did have to look that up). Anyway, a lot of what I come up with actually comes from what I dug up back a decade and more ago which a trusty PC and a couple nice programs keep track of for me now. I can honestly say, though, that I don't think I'd do so well standing behind a lectern teaching nowadays--the bits & pieces are there in my noggin, they just aren't so well organized today.

Truth is, I'm an information junkie, and I love problem & puzzle solving. One upon a time I thought it would be great to be an intelligence analyst, more in the Robert Redford/Three Days of the Condor vein than the Tom Clancy/Jack Ryan (or Jack Bauer) line. To that end, I liked surveying some of the bigger blogs (i.e., Kos, Red State, Talking Points), watched the various editorial programs on cable news (i.e., O'Reilly, Olbermann) and so on. Back in college, I used to watch C-Span & C-Span2 a lot, especially the foreign broadcasts (i.e., Prime Minister's Questions during Maggie Thatcher's, John Major's and Tony Blair's governments, BBC World, CBC with Peter Mansbridge), surveyed various papers (WSJ, NY Times, Wash Post--my favourite), listen to NPR regularly (I'm actually tired of the opinion programs, from Rush to Air America). Anyway that's what drives me, for what its worth. Oh, just a "fun fact" sort of, but I actually have a distant cousin who happens to be married to someone with almost exactly the same surname as Rob--just with an "i" instead of a "y". Weird, huh?

Last edited by geolarson2; 03-30-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #67
geolarson2

Quote:
You know, I very nearly went to a university that had coed baths (Go Banana Slugs!!!!). If only I'd paid more attention to funding, what fun might have been ...
Old 03-31-2009, 01:06 AM   #68
captnjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolarson2 View Post
...Truth is, I'm an information junkie, and I love problem & puzzle solving. One upon a time I thought it would be great to be an intelligence analyst, more in the Robert Redford/Three Days of the Condor vein than the Tom Clancy/Jack Ryan (or Jack Bauer) line...
Geo that is amazing and I can imagine you as the Robert Robert character / 3 Days of the Condor. I hope that is a compliement it was meant to be anyway.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:31 AM   #69
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnjack View Post
Geo that is amazing and I can imagine you as the Robert Robert character / 3 Days of the Condor. I hope that is a compliment it was meant to be anyway.
It is! BTW, did you know Redford, on his mother's side, is a great-great-great grandson of Rep. Robert M. Bugg (Whig-TN)? His ex-wife is related to Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) and Watergate special prosecutor Solicitor Gen. Archibald Cox? Small world. Back to 3 Days, Max von Sydow was born in the same city my great-grandpa was born, and was also a cousin of Swedish Prime Minister Knut Hammarskjold and his son, UN Secretary General Dag.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:30 AM   #70
tigger

I have a hard time rembering my phone number.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #71
geolarson2

Quote:
I have a hard time rembering my phone number.
So do I! I have it written here by my computer, and on the fridge by the phone. What can I say? Some circuits work in the ol' noggin, some are on the fritz still. Sometimes it amazes me what I remember, and at the same time it does piss me off what I've forgotten. Que sera sera ...whatever will be, will be (love Sly & the Family Stone, BTW!)
Old 03-31-2009, 04:38 PM   #72
j.d.eeViant
Danielle Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
Good to have you back. Any good stories of your trip?
Yeah sorry for the delayed reply but there was more important stuff going on in the topic and I didn't want to interrupt. Overall it was a fun trip and I got to meet a lot of girl i like, and even worked with Sophie Dee in her booth for a while. I've been talking with her online for the past 2 1/2 years so it was nice to finally meet her in person and she was just as nice in person.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:31 PM   #73
YetAnotherDave
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Send a message via ICQ to YetAnotherDave Send a message via MSN to YetAnotherDave

Hey geo, seeing you do your bit on my Mayor, Boris, we have a TV programme in the UK on BBC which does Family Trees etc "Who Do You Think You Are?". Boris was on it a series or so ago and remember seeing it with info you described

This is one link http://www.bbc.co.uk/whodoyouthinkyo...-johnson.shtml and a YouTube Video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dozUkeDXXgw

Last edited by YetAnotherDave; 03-31-2009 at 11:34 PM. Reason: links added
YetAnotherDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:25 AM   #74
tigger

Sarah wanted a pond and i was kinda ok with that. the problem all the fallen trees and stumps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1365.jpg (97.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-01-2009, 12:28 AM   #75
tigger

tractor battery was dead!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1376.jpg (98.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 04-01-2009, 12:31 AM   #76
tigger

Needed a little bigger equipment than i had. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1375.jpg (97.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 04-01-2009, 12:34 AM   #77
tigger

bigger boys have bigger toys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1372.jpg (97.9 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-01-2009, 12:37 AM   #78
tigger

packing down the edge with the crawler.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1373.jpg (97.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 04-01-2009, 12:41 AM   #79
tigger

And now we have a pond.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1380.jpg (97.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 04-01-2009, 01:14 AM   #80
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

Quote:
And now we have a pond.
Your pond needs some water to become a pond...start peeing in the backyard...lol!

Old 04-01-2009, 02:36 AM   #81
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDave View Post
Hey geo, seeing you do your bit on my Mayor, Boris, we have a TV programme in the UK on BBC which does Family Trees etc "Who Do You Think You Are?". Boris was on it a series or so ago and remember seeing it with info you described

This is one link http://www.bbc.co.uk/whodoyouthinkyo...-johnson.shtml and a YouTube Video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dozUkeDXXgw
Fascinating! Thank you most kindly, Dave. I know that there's a couple genealogy programs (or programmes if you prefer) on the BBC or ITV (I get BBC America, but they don't show those programs--I'm happy with Dr. Who & Torchwood), and I know Lisa Kudrow was trying to get one of them imported for the US, like we stole, I mean borrowed, any number of your shows to Americanize them. More often than not, I find when I wind up talking genes with my fellow countrymen & women that they're surprised to find that there are a number of well-known British names who have American connections (i.e., The Queen Mum, Princess Diana, Winston Churchill), but does it surprise you at all to find that your Lord Mayor had American ancestors? Or that Rachel Ward and Adam Hart-Davis also have American connections? In Lady Ward's case, she's a great-great-great-great-great granddaughter of Sen. William Bingham; in Adam's case, his maternal grandmother was a Borden from New England (that would be the same family as Borden Condensed Milk and Lizzie--Adam's grandma was also a great-aunt of Adlai Stevenson III).
Old 04-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #82
tigger

We just finnished with dinner and Sarah was trying to dish out some icecream and it was frozen solid. so she asked me if i could get some out so i grabed the scoop and dug in and a big piece flew out brazed sarahs hair hit grandma in the arm and landed in pouncers dish! we all had a little chuckel out of it and grandpa said now that the cat has his how about the rest of us. grandma took it from me and put it in the microwave for 30 sec and sarah was able to dish us out some and pouncer enjoyed his too!
Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #83
mart

Quote:
And now we have a pond.
I had a pond once but it had water in it Tigger lol. Are you waiting for the rain Tigger? easier than filling it yourself.
That sounds like a very suspicious icecream story Tigger. I mean tell the truth you felt sorry for Pouncer. So you thought you'd aim a bit of icecream his way.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #84
tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
I had a pond once but it had water in it Tigger lol. Are you waiting for the rain Tigger? easier than filling it yourself.
That sounds like a very suspicious icecream story Tigger. I mean tell the truth you felt sorry for Pouncer. So you thought you'd aim a bit of icecream his way.
We are supost to get a week of rain so im hoping it will help! Sarah will pry get one of the guys at the fire hall to bring the tanker up and put some in it. she is already talking about what kind if fish she wants. The house is on the side of a mountan and the water shed comes right down the property so i dug a trench to aim it to the pond hole! I get a break on my house ins. by having a pond on the property. all of the wild life has already investigated it. There were prints all over the place the next morning.

pouncer always gets to lick the dishes out but he got a treat this time , no one wanted it after it was covered in cat food! as soon as the team flyes in i will be heading out, back to the grind. I got Amanda a huge jar of pickles the real big kind, she loves them and so does Missy. Amanda did not come home with me this time she had to take care of some things at home. and i got a lot done with out her trying to clean everything.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #85
geolarson2

Quote:
And now we have a pond.
So how's the drainage? 3 of my first 4 jobs were in pet shops working with freshwater fish--do you have a natural filter or something mechanical? Activated carbon can help scrub the water, but you also need something that will oxygenate it (is it very windy where you are, because the ripples can help with that). Without those two things, the fishies'll wind up swimming in the liquid equivalent of LA on a bad air day (i.e., no air, in their own filth--no offense to LA residents, but that's what happens when you overpopulate a basin that gets wind but is bottled up by mountain ranges that prevent the pollution to dissipate). You'll need something hardy without a doubt (carp are usually pretty good), and you might need to cover the pond, depending on how big & deep it is, at night to keep wildlife away with something like a chicken wire screen. One thing you don't want is for the water to just stand there, since mosquitoes breed in still water, algae grows fast in it and so on, but even if you give it a good stir every day you can probably get oxygen in for the fish, keep the algae and skeeters from taking hold and so on. One last thing, but there's this general rule of thumb for populating a pond or aquarium that goes for every gallon of water you have, you can have up to 1 inch of fish, so if you take a 20 gallon aquarium and stick 20 1" tetras in it, you're at the maximum level that size tank can support. I used to keep something bigger though--a nice 100 gallon aquarium with a couple S. American catfish (plecostimus & hoplo), a couple silver dollars, an oscar and a black pacu. The oscar grew to 12", the pacu, when I got rid of him, was 18", the silver dollars topped out at about 4" and the cats were 18" & 6". I also ran a pair of Marineland Emperors Bio-wheels & a Marineland HOT Magnum canister, but still had to do a 30% water change monthly. I still have the equipment & tank, but the floor of my apt. can't hold up so much weight (8.4 pounds per gallon, plus about 40 pounds of gravel, the rocks, the acrylic tank itself, filters, &c., adds up to close to 1000 pounds all in all in roughly a 3" x 5" base )
Old 04-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #86
tigger

Quote:
So how's the drainage? 3 of my first 4 jobs were in pet shops working with freshwater fish--do you have a natural filter or something mechanical? Activated carbon can help scrub the water, but you also need something that will oxygenate it (is it very windy where you are, because the ripples can help with that). Without those two things, the fishies'll wind up swimming in the liquid equivalent of LA on a bad air day (i.e., no air, in their own filth--no offense to LA residents, but that's what happens when you overpopulate a basin that gets wind but is bottled up by mountain ranges that prevent the pollution to dissipate). You'll need something hardy without a doubt (carp are usually pretty good), and you might need to cover the pond, depending on how big & deep it is, at night to keep wildlife away with something like a chicken wire screen. One thing you don't want is for the water to just stand there, since mosquitoes breed in still water, algae grows fast in it and so on, but even if you give it a good stir every day you can probably get oxygen in for the fish, keep the algae and skeeters from taking hold and so on. One last thing, but there's this general rule of thumb for populating a pond or aquarium that goes for every gallon of water you have, you can have up to 1 inch of fish, so if you take a 20 gallon aquarium and stick 20 1" tetras in it, you're at the maximum level that size tank can support. I used to keep something bigger though--a nice 100 gallon aquarium with a couple S. American catfish (plecostimus & hoplo), a couple silver dollars, an oscar and a black pacu. The oscar grew to 12", the pacu, when I got rid of him, was 18", the silver dollars topped out at about 4" and the cats were 18" & 6". I also ran a pair of Marineland Emperors Bio-wheels & a Marineland HOT Magnum canister, but still had to do a 30% water change monthly. I still have the equipment & tank, but the floor of my apt. can't hold up so much weight (8.4 pounds per gallon, plus about 40 pounds of gravel, the rocks, the acrylic tank itself, filters, &c., adds up to close to 1000 pounds all in all in roughly a 3" x 5" base )
Im going to climb down in it and fart to cause bubbles and like whyyou said pee in it that ought to kill the sketers. i got a solar power float that sprays water and we will pry get a cat fish and a few carp and some bluegils . it is just going to be a wild pond. and a redneck swiming pool. the pitures dont do it justice it is about 30 ft acrost and 12 ft deep in the middle. about the wildlife if they can catch it they can have it. the racoons will go into the barn and build a boat and get down my fishing rods and paddle out and pry have better luck than i would. lol I have given up on trying to keep them out of things!

Last edited by tigger; 04-02-2009 at 10:18 PM.
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #87
geolarson2

Quote:
Im going to climb down in it and fart to cause bubbles and like whyyou said pee in it that ought to kill the sketers. i got a solar power float that sprays water and we will pry get a cat fish and a few carp and some bluegils . it is just going to be a wild pond. and a redneck swiming pool. the pitures dont do it justice it is about 30 ft acrost and 12 ft deep in the middle. about the wildlife if they can catch it they can have it. the racoons will go into the barn and build a boat and get down my fishing rods and paddle out and pry have better luck than i would. lol I have given up on trying to keep them out of things!
Brilliant! I love that, a wild pond. My brother's grandma used to live up along a canal that entered Lake Mukwonago (sp?) in Wisconsin--I went there one summer and had a great time floating down the canal into the lake on an old navy survival raft! Oh, and the sout ranch I used to go to in Colorado up by Red Feather Lakes had its own little "lake"--cold as hell, yeah, but the oler brother of a friend of mine and some other scout lifeguards built a tripod rope swing there one summer that was wicked fun! Tell ya what though, tigger, I am envious that you can build a pond on your land like that and just have fun with it!
Old 04-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #88
tigger

Quote:
Brilliant! I love that, a wild pond. My brother's grandma used to live up along a canal that entered Lake Mukwonago (sp?) in Wisconsin--I went there one summer and had a great time floating down the canal into the lake on an old navy survival raft! Oh, and the sout ranch I used to go to in Colorado up by Red Feather Lakes had its own little "lake"--cold as hell, yeah, but the oler brother of a friend of mine and some other scout lifeguards built a tripod rope swing there one summer that was wicked fun! Tell ya what though, tigger, I am envious that you can build a pond on your land like that and just have fun with it!
Well i wanted it so i did it! I grew up on a lake , we live less than 1 mile from a lake and Sarah wanted it too so her and her friends could have some place to horse around and lay out with out all the perverts looking. She cant wate till there is water in it. We are getting a hell of a storm right now so it should add some too it. Im going to get some rocks and build a fire pit too I love to just sit by the fire and listen to nature, in the summer the tree frogs are like lisining to music it is so relaxing.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:53 AM   #89
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

get a couple of people who play guitar some marshmallows and you have yourself the beginnings of a great party.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:36 AM   #90
grande351

So Tigger, are you gonna have us all over for a party when you get the pond done?
Old 04-03-2009, 02:06 AM   #91
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

what grande said... I do play guitar... can't sing worth a damn but i can play guitar.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #92
mart

Anyone heard from Ugo? only i've not seen him around lately. Just wondering if he's ok.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #93
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
Anyone heard from Ugo? only i've not seen him around lately. Just wondering if he's ok.
I've been wondering about that, too. Makes me nervous when he isn't around, what with his issues at work, &c.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:33 AM   #94
grande351

Quote:
I've been wondering about that, too. Makes me nervous when he isn't around, what with his issues at work, &c.
Yeah, It is strange! He was last on way back on March 21st. That's a long time for someone who was as active a poster as he was. I know he had all those problems at work and was taking care of his mother. I sure hope he's alright. He's such a great guy!
Old 04-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #95
tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by grande351 View Post
So Tigger, are you gonna have us all over for a party when you get the pond done?
Hell yea! Maby we could get Danielle to do a nude pond shoot!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:00 AM   #96
tigger

Im woried about UGO too. he had the problems with his kidneys too . I hope he is ok.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:06 AM   #97
Geezer

I know it's NOT funny but... maybe the Mafia got Ugo!
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:54 AM   #98
tigger

A friend sent me this. thought i would shair it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3A74E629A8BD4E96BCC289F0F4AF7168991199[1].jpg (29.8 KB, 19 views)