FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #50
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2e43894ca167405fcef1a361a89fb67b.jpg (29.9 KB, 22 views)
Old 02-03-2009, 01:19 AM   #51
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Mart...doesn't everyone in the UK have a SUV like us..LOL. Been reading about the mess over there, bummer man.

Tigger...Love the sign
Old 02-03-2009, 01:30 AM   #52
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger View Post
yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tigger, is that where you are??
Old 02-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #53
tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranger View Post
tigger, is that where you are??
a friend sent me that piture!
Old 02-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #54
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

and i was complaining that its going to dip into the 30s at night here in florida.... i will keep my trap shut after seeing that pictures.
CK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #55
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

Nice sign Tigger but it's not the cold that's the problem. It's the bloody ice on the roads but at least i managed to get to work today. Average speed 20 mph once i got on the main road it nearly went up to 35 mph lol.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:34 PM   #56
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWM222 View Post
Mart...doesn't everyone in the UK have a SUV like us..LOL. Been reading about the mess over there, bummer man.

Tigger...Love the sign
At the moment my roads are pure ice can your SUV handle ice?.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #57
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
At the moment my roads are pure ice can your SUV handle ice?.
Why sure...I keep my 4WD pickup loaded with my tools (carpenter) which helps with traction...& my AWD car hugs a slick road like it has claws LOL.
(They make pretty good cars in Sweden)
That coupled with the fact that I only go out on nice days helps.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #58
Seth
Danielle Junkie

its started to snow in holland today too. and its bloody freezing!
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:48 PM   #59
tigger

we just shut down in KY. It is snowing like crazy. I picked up a snow ball and hit my boss in the butt with it. well i dont think ill try that again. by the time she got done with me i had snow in places i rilly didnt want it. i didnt know she could run that fast. lol
Old 02-04-2009, 03:40 AM   #60
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Snow everywhere except here in Colorado. Gonna be in the 60's for a while...Sweet
Old 02-04-2009, 04:27 AM   #61
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWM222 View Post
Snow everywhere except here in Colorado. Gonna be in the 60's for a while...Sweet
That's why we live here.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #62
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranger View Post
That's why we live here.
So true..I like it (most of the time)
Old 02-05-2009, 06:47 PM   #63
mart

30 minutes late for work this morning. All because the woman in front of me had her hazzards lights on and going around 10 mph. This was on the main road which wasn't too bad. I couldn't overtake due oncoming traffic cars behind tooting me. Well i was expecting her to pullover thinking there's something wrong with the car. But she carried on for about 2 miles so when we got to the lights. I quickly jumped out to ask her if she knew her hazzards were on. She said "Yes their on because it's snowing, my husband told me to put them on and to drive nice and slowly" at that point i had to restrain myself from laughing. So i adviced to her to keep the hazzards off and assured her it would be ok if she drives around 30 mph. What her husband must be like behind a wheel. I would rather not know.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #64
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Cold & wet, with more cold & wet to follow for the next few days. On the plus side, at least I'm not living back east. I understand my grandparents who live in Upstate NY are snowed in. Still, we could use a little more snow here, as Tahoe is down quite a bit and the lake is filled solely by the snow-pack.
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #65
tigger

I had quite a day due to the weather. got stuck in the motel parking lot, was able to get it out. almost got stuck at the whs. got down thru fredricsberg va. the roads were crap. got to richmond va. backed into the dock to deliver. and couldent get out a nother truck tryed to pull me out and he got stuck. called a wrecker. he pulled us bolth out. while he was pulling me out a kid in a 4x4 was out in the main parking lot horseing around jumping piles of snow and we her a crash, he had hit a 3ft high steel pole that was in one of the snow piles, riped the front axl right out from under his truck. jeromy got on the radio and said " here's your sign" we all got a giggle from that. oh what a day.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #66
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

We always have such weird weather here. It's been frigid the past few days and we've had some snow. Not a lot of snow but enough to cover the ground. It hasn't melted yet. Today it's supposed to be in the upper 40's. Tomorrow it's supposed to get as high as 64 F and 46 F at night. Thursday and Friday it's supposed to be in the mid 70's with nighttime temps in the high 40's. So it will seem like summer weather by the end of this week. Next week the forcast is for high 60's but I'm sure that will change. I wonder if we'll have a spring this year? LOL!
Old 03-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #67
geolarson2

Its the spring equinox today! As soon as just a couple weeks ago we got some snow here in the Truckee Meadows, not much and it burned off quickly, but still. And over the course of the past few days the windows and doors have been wide open airing the place out. I turned the furnace down days ago, although I hadn't heard a peep from it for a couple weeks (not since that last snow). Anyway, I took my Mom's puppy (standard chihuahua) out for a short walk, bugs are flying, birds are twittering (huh, I didn't even know they were computer savvy!), the grass is greening up, and I saw a couple little flowers (aka dandelions) emerging. Nice time of year, nice weather ...maybe that's why I couldn't sleep--too nice a day to waste? I can say this--the sunrise over the Huffaker Range was quite lovely. So, anyway, take a moment folks and stop and smell the roses because Spring's here!

Oh, nearly forgot to mention the small quake we had here the other day--small enough not to disturb me much (unlike the swarms we had last year this time--but that's what happens when you live on top of a magma chamber!)
Old 03-21-2009, 04:19 AM   #68
Geezer

Default Friday - March 20

I was out and about wearing a T-Shirt and shorts. First day of 2009 I felt comfortable wearing so little. Must be SPRING!
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #69
geolarson2

Yesterday, all bright and sunny first day of spring. As Geezer said, short-wearing weather. Today, winter storm warning for the Tahoe area lasting through tomorrow. C'est la vie--is it cool to wear long johns under my shorts? jk
Old 03-22-2009, 04:01 PM   #70
geolarson2

And today we have snow on the ground ...much as I love the Sierra Nevada when they live up to their name ("snow-capped"), I was enjoying the warmth--now the furnace is back on, the windows shuttered (so to speak) and the doors all closed again. Oh, well, there's an old saying I remember from Colorado that goes something like, "if you don't like the weather now, close your eyes, count to ten, and check again." Nope, still 34F outside--maybe I'll try again tomorrow
Old 03-25-2009, 09:08 PM   #71
j.d.eeViant
Danielle Fan

Thought this was about my local weather girl

anyway, its hot and sunny!
Old 03-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #72
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Blizzard day in Northern CO...Can't see the neighbors house but on the bright side...he can't see mine either
Old 04-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #73
geolarson2

Yesterday AM, I was doing the laundry in my shorts. Yesterday PM, clouds began rolling in & a chilly wind began to blow. This AM, snow. Now where did I put my warm clothes again? Rats!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:02 AM   #74
tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolarson2 View Post
Yesterday AM, I was doing the laundry in my shorts. Yesterday PM, clouds began rolling in & a chilly wind began to blow. This AM, snow. Now where did I put my warm clothes again? Rats!
Just curl up with a photo of Danielle that will keep you warm for a bit!
Old 04-04-2009, 03:46 AM   #75
geolarson2

Quote:
Just curl up with a photo of Danielle that will keep you warm for a bit!
rrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Who the heck left this whopping big cat in here? Now let me just get back and listen to the sweet sound Ms D's voice ...

BTW, its still cold out, but the snow melted off. Sucky as the weather was, the Sierra's look so gorgeous dressed up in white!

(PS: Ha ha fooled ya! There isn't really a cat here--it was me . Oh, you already knew ...harumph!)

Last edited by geolarson2; 04-04-2009 at 03:49 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #76
FTVfanatic
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Actually the current weather is very nice, at least by Northern European standards.

Today, on the 19th of April it's partly cloudy and highs at 37 degrees Fahrenheit. I can smell spring in the air.

Last night the low was at 23 degrees Fahrenheit.

The only place in the U.S.A. to experience a climate like this is in the State of Alaska.
FTVfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #77
geolarson2

It snowed here on Easter, but was nice, warm & sunny here yesterday--left the window open last night, wearing shorts, grass is already green ('cept where the dogs pee). Lovely!
Old 04-19-2009, 02:59 PM   #78
FTVfanatic
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolarson2 View Post
...left the window open last night, wearing shorts, grass is already green ('cept where the dogs pee). Lovely!
Thanks for making my misery even worse!

Just kidding. We shall be at those warm temperatures in June and July. And what we lack in temperatures we gain in long duration of daylight. Close to Arctic Circle, It's light 24 hours a day on the June Solstice.

Currently the sun rises at 5.50 am and sets after 9 pm, so it's over 15 hours of daylight. And the duration of day gets longer at a rate of over 5 minutes a day...

And again, the only place in the U.S.A. to have a taste of the same (white night during summer) would be in Alaska. That's only due to latitudinal location.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:53 PM   #79
Anoree

It's been a lovely, sunny weekend here in Northern Germany.
We currently have sunshine and about 17 °C (62 °F) at 06:45 PM.

I'd say spring is in full blow here already.
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #80
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTVfanatic View Post
Thanks for making my misery even worse!

Just kidding. We shall be at those warm temperatures in June and July. And what we lack in temperatures we gain in long duration of daylight. Close to Arctic Circle, It's light 24 hours a day on the June Solstice.

Currently the sun rises at 5.50 am and sets after 9 pm, so it's over 15 hours of daylight. And the duration of day gets longer at a rate of over 5 minutes a day...

And again, the only place in the U.S.A. to have a taste of the same (white night during summer) would be in Alaska. That's only due to latitudinal location.
Just wait ...when your temperatures are nice, mine will be between 100-110F. Then I'll be the envious one! lol ...sob
Old 11-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #81
FTVfanatic
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Just wanted to rant a little:

Sunrise at 8:30 am, sunset at 4:00 pm. (Day will get shorter every day until 21th December.)

5 day weather forecast: Dreary and/or Cloudy every day (and has been for over a week now. The only way to remember what Sun looks like is to watch FTVGirls updates!)

Daily highs around 30-35 degrees Fahrenheit
Daily lows around 20-25 degrees Fahrenheit

And it will only be downhill from here to freezing cold January and February. I can't hardly wait for the spring to come. Well, It shall only take some 5 months to get the temperatures back up to 45-50 degrees Fahrenheit in April. Damn how I hate this Northern climate!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:51 AM   #82
T-bone Thomas
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Just wanted to rant a little:

Sunrise at 8:30 am, sunset at 4:00 pm. (Day will get shorter every day until 21th December.)

5 day weather forecast: Dreary and/or Cloudy every day (and has been for over a week now. The only way to remember what Sun looks like is to watch FTVGirls updates!)

Daily highs around 30-35 degrees Fahrenheit
Daily lows around 20-25 degrees Fahrenheit

And it will only be downhill from here to freezing cold January and February. I can't hardly wait for the spring to come. Well, It shall only take some 5 months to get the temperatures back up to 45-50 degrees Fahrenheit in April. Damn how I hate this Northern climate!
20-35 Fahrenheit, that's -6 to +2 Celsius, brrrrrr, that's cold. Where do you live FTVfanatic? Near the arctic circle? lol. It's cold and rainy right now here where I live (Northern part of Bavaria / Germany) but I assume our winters aren't as cold and dark as yours. And because I don't like that climate just like you I will fly away to a warmer place in a few weeks. At least for a few days to heat me up, lol.
Keep your feet warm FTVfanatic!
T-bone Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:35 AM   #83
TheDoctor

Lima, with is location in the middle of the tropics and a cold sea stream in the sea by the side, has some crazy weather: yesterday it was sunny and 18 - 21º C nearly all day; right now (7:30 am) it is cloudy, cool but the clouds look luminous. Last thursday it was raining in the early morning, had cleared up a bit by 9 and had full sun on (20 -23ºC) from noon to 4ish. By sunset (2 1/2 hours later), it was windy and dry. The forecasters are nearly useless here; it is supposed to be mid-spring but we can as well get all four seasons in the same day. LOL.
FANTASTIC!
TheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:46 PM   #84
FTVfanatic
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bone Thomas View Post
20-35 Fahrenheit, that's -6 to +2 Celsius, brrrrrr, that's cold. Where do you live FTVfanatic? Near the arctic circle? lol.
I live in Finland.

The Arctic Circle actually passes through Northern Finland, and that's only funny if you happen to like Arctic climate. I don't. Luckily I'm in the South Finland some 550 kilometres (or 350 miles) to the south from Arctic Circle. It doesn't help much, but I can always remind myself that things could be worse; I could actually live right on the Arctic Circle. That would be a total worst case scenario.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #85
FTVfanatic
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
Lima, with is location in the middle of the tropics and a cold sea stream in the sea by the side, has some crazy weather... The forecasters are nearly useless here; it is supposed to be mid-spring but we can as well get all four seasons in the same day. LOL.
Sounds interesting. You are talking about Lima (capital of Peru), right? It's in South America. (I admit, I had to google Lima)

I have never been anywhere close there. Would be interesting to visit South America for the culture, people and climate.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #86
geolarson2

Its chilly, but not so bad (61F right now). Its gotten below freezing at nights the past few weeks, and increasingly the skies are grey & cloudy (like today), and I am surprised we haven't had more than just 1 evening of wet snow that didn't stick here in the valley (the Sierra Nevada, the peaks here at least, look like their name says they should though: snow-capped).
Old 11-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #87
TheDoctor

Quote:
Sounds interesting. You are talking about Lima (capital of Peru), right? It's in South America. (I admit, I had to google Lima)

I have never been anywhere close there. Would be interesting to visit South America for the culture, people and climate.
OK. Got yourself a guide around Lima. No, don't smile yet, I charge expensive.
FANTASTIC!
TheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:20 AM   #88
geolarson2

Its snowing here in the Truckee Meadows (that's Reno NV). Makes me happy--one thing I missed living in Northern California was the snow (now I admit I miss the rain & redwoods, not to mention milder temperatures). I don't drive anymore, so its no biggie for me--heck, all I need is for my crampons to arrive hopefully in a few days and I'm all set (Just hope they fit my mukluks!).
Old 12-25-2009, 08:22 AM   #89
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

Well, the Missouri kids are going to wake up to a white Christmas...at least in this area. This hasn't happened in the 7 years I have been living here. It's now 17 deg. (F) and I am feeling cold inside my apartment (of course, if it gets below 75 deg. I feel cold...lol). There is a blanket of new snow outside and we are under a Winter Storm Warning until 6 pm tonight. Winds are at 16 mph from the west. Wind chill is at 2 deg. I am bundled up in my hoodie with a sweatshirt underneath.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:42 PM   #90
Dilbert49
In Love with Danielle

Just over 50 degrees (F) and rainy in north-central Kentucky. Ho Ho Ho!
Dilbert49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:38 AM   #91
Max

For those of you wondering, I SURVIVED THE FLOOD!!! It was pretty bad. I was up to my waist in water.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #92
tigger

I just got the opertunity to ride along with the TN gaurd . we did a fly over of the navy center and i snaped a cupple picks. I brought a FEMA supply load in to a staging area just south of town, it is still bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Millington.jpg (65.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg millingtontn.jpg (85.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 05-07-2010, 12:36 AM   #93
Max

I'm hoping now not to fail several classes, b/c I lost study time.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #94
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
For those of you wondering, I SURVIVED THE FLOOD!!! It was pretty bad. I was up to my waist in water.
Glad to hear your ok Max, sorry to hear of the people who lost their lives.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:32 AM   #95
Palanhaar
Dreaming of Danielle

Thumbs up Phoenix,USA=Jaipur,India!!

Well here in India there are all kind of weathers,so you can enjoy any weather of your choice....!!Welcome to the land of Weathers and Nature!!Welcome to INDIA,dear ones!!
Old 10-31-2010, 02:33 PM   #96
Index-of-Beauty Ben
In Love with Danielle

It just started to turn fall here in Illinois. Brisk mornings and nights. During the day, windy but nice - not too cool yet. It'll be coming though, the dreaded prairie wind chills and snow. I can feel it.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:05 PM   #97
tigger

This is what happens when it rains all day and freezes at night!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0353.jpg (96.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 11-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #98
Anoree

Quote:
This is what happens when it rains all day and freezes at night!
I guess a simple ice scraper is not enough for that cover.
Anoree is offline   Reply With Quote