FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
Seth
Danielle Junkie

Default Favourite place you have visited?

I enjoy traveling a lot. Living in central Europe gives me plenty of opportunities to travel around to different and new places. Last weekend I visited Stockholm, Sweden, and it entered straight away into the top five of places I've visited. Such a nice city, with a really cool vibe to it

1. Boston, MA
2. Vancouver, BC
3. Paris, France
4. Rome, Italy
5. Stockholm, Sweden
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
ugo
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

I Love me Rome and Paris !!!!!

Rome is where I was born. And then it is surreal in the past. Paris is the charming of Europe.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
Seth
Danielle Junkie

Rome really is a fantastic city, so much history and atmosphere. I'd just love to see it without all the crowds
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
ugo

Yeah Seth !!!

I want to live there. I do so many beautiful walks from romantic in that City from "theater" designed and colorful.
And then there is the Vatican by Pope, very attractive in that form of learning from embrace people the world.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

I've never travelled overseas in my lifetime. But within the North American continent I have travelled around a lot. Haven't thought much about favorite places but here are a few:

1. Prince Edward Island, Canada
2. The Thousand Islands, Canada
3. The Outer Banks of North Carolina
4. The Finger Lakes area in Canada
5. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
6. Niagra Falls, Canada

The first 4 were when I was young and my whole family would take camping trips during the summer. The Outer Banks was very memorable because we pitched the tent right on the beach and during the night there was a nasty thunderstorm. We had used short stakes to hold the tent up and when the torrential rain came down it loosened the stakes and the tent started to fall down on top of us. I woke up soaked to the bone wondering what was going on. We had to manually hold the tent poles up until the rain stopped and my father could go out and put in longer stakes. We ended up sleeping in the van the rest of that night because the tent floor was too wet.

The Finger Lakes area was were we went on a several day long canoe trip doing real backwoods camping along the way. We only did one real portage (carrying everything, including the canoes, over a bit of land between 2 finger lakes. My father and I were having a really great time but my 3 sisters did a lot of complaining. However, everybody really did enjoy it due to the wildlife and the gorgeous scenery.

Myrtle Beach was when I was living in South Carolina. I went there several times with a couple of buddies from the plant where I worked. One of the guys owned a travel trailer so we got together with one other guy and went girl hunting...lol. The last time we went, we were on the way back home when the car that one of my buddies was driving (not pulling the trailer, my other buddy used his truck for that) had the engine blow up. We sat for a long time on the side of the road until the guy pulling the trailer could catch up with us and give us a ride in the pickup.

I went to Niagra Falls twice. The first time was with my family when I was young. The second time was when I was living in Pensylvania, about 35 or so years later. So I saw some of the changes in the falls configuration over the years. It was still beautiful but the formation had changed because of all that water eroding away the rocks.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #6
tigger

I got to see a lot of the world when i was in the service. One place i would like to go back to is to visit whre pearl harbor took place i got to stop on the islands for about an hour while they refuled the plane. I would love to go back and see where a big part of history was made. Germony is a nother i would like to go back to. Ther are so meney things i would love to see before i die.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:38 PM   #7
Geezer
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

I LOVE Italy! I've made three vacation trips there since 2004 and traveled all over between the Northern border and Sorrento. I also loved London during my two trips there. Paris was a lot of fun and so beautiful - especially at night. I love Hawaii and have been there four different trips.

Coming up this spring, I'm going to Germany, Austria, and Switzerland for 19-20 days. I'm in "discussions" with a gal I met on the Internet to visit London and tour around Turkey in Sept.

I've "seen" the USA and now want to see "the world." Notice my avatar is a suitcase. That is for a reason.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:29 AM   #8
geolarson2

I've never been outside the US (unless you want to count the odd Res, which I do)--I'm not inclined to get a passport. And I've only been east of the Colorado-Kansas-Nebraska border twice in my life, although I'd love to visit Massachusetts, Rhode Island & upstate New York (where my Mom's family comes from). So I'm a creature of the American west, and I do love this place so much, and I've seen some very nice parts of it, beginning with Yosemite; then the Great Divide of the Colorado Rockies; the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado, the Red Feather Lakes, also in Colorado where I camped spring, summer, fall & winter; Big Sur in California; the entire coastlines of Sonoma & Mendocino counties, California, especially Bodega Head; Mount Shasta was beautiful (when I was around 6 we took the summer and traveled from San Jose to the Pinnacles, Monterey, Carmel, Big Sur, Yosemite, Mt. Lassen, Mt. Shasta, Crescent City and then back along HWY 1 across the Golden Gate. Closer to home, I so love Lake Tahoe, especially Sand Harbor on the Nevada side, and Virginia City has its charms, and then there are the mustang that just roam around here. The only thing I could wish for is for someone not to ask why I'm wearing a skirt if I'm in my kilt (hey, if I'm in a skirt, I'm in a skirt--I've got the legs! ) What a great thread!
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:31 AM   #9
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger View Post
I got to see a lot of the world when i was in the service. One place i would like to go back to is to visit whre pearl harbor took place i got to stop on the islands for about an hour while they refuled the plane. I would love to go back and see where a big part of history was made. Germony is a nother i would like to go back to. Ther are so meney things i would love to see before i die.
A couple of my relatives were on BB-39 on 7 Dec 41
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:04 AM   #10
eastbill
Danielle's Biggest Fan

one place i like to go to over and over is the Hawaiian Islands... they call to me.
eastbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:06 AM   #11
Longhornbill
Danielle Junkie

I have been so fortunate to have "toured" a bunch. I have seen all but five of the U.S. States and so that would include a bunch of realy great cities. U.S. favorites are Chicago, New York ( I communted from Texas), San Fransico, Seattle, of course Las Vegas, Austin -- love 6th street. Atlanta and all of the peaches. There are so many little towns in the U.S. that I have enjoyed. Too numerous for this post.
World wide? Bora Bora is one of my all time tops! Tahiti is close but I would want to live on the beach or on my sailboat and do "nothing" -- and that would be like being retired -- and I do not understand that word. Paris? Okay at night! My favorite city is Barcelona! Hands down one of the greatest cities in the world! The country of Spain? My favorite country outside of the United States. SO many cultures within its borders. So many dialects and such diverse food! The food? Best in the world! Bar none! Wines? YES!
I have not been to the orient and have limited desire to go there. Europe? I look forward to Italy. Germany? Only to drive the autobaun. I drive it here in the U.S. Just look at my traffice record. 150 mph is common in my area of the country. Africa? Going to hike up Kilimanjaro in the fall. Report later! -- Yes! I am in training now.
Longhornbill
Longhornbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:41 AM   #12
Geezer

Wow, thanks Longhornbill. I totally forgot about Tahiti. I went there way too many years ago and partied on Moorea at the Club Med for two weeks. Great place but very expensive.

I spent 20 years in the US Air Force and, from age 20-26 years old, lived in Tokyo (3 years) and on the island of Taiwan (3 years). I married a Chinese girl there and brought her home with me. WE lasted 14 years before a Navy Guy stole her away from me.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:41 AM   #13
Longhornbill
Danielle Junkie

Default Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Wow, thanks Longhornbill. I totally forgot about Tahiti. I went there way too many years ago and partied on Moorea at the Club Med for two weeks. Great place but very expensive.

I spent 20 years in the US Air Force and, from age 20-26 years old, lived in Tokyo (3 years) and on the island of Taiwan (3 years). I married a Chinese girl there and brought her home with me. WE lasted 14 years before a Navy Guy stole her away from me.
An Air Force? Tell me more. Having been a Naval Aviator I was not aware there was an "Air Force".

Hey! Geezer! A joke! Serious yes, but a joke!
BJ
Longhornbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:41 AM   #14
tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by geolarson2 View Post
a couple of my relatives were on bb-39 on 7 dec 41
my uncle that just passed flew a b-24d liberator. In wwii. My aunt gave me his memwars that he wrote down just after the war. Its about 200 pages i have gotten thru most of it, it was tuff times back then. I have a fond respect for the generation that fought in wwii. They had honor!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:58 AM   #15
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornbill View Post
An Air Force? Tell me more. Having been a Naval Aviator I was not aware there was an "Air Force".

BJ
Oh boy, a "Squid" and the "Chair force" reunited again.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:18 PM   #16
Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornbill View Post

BJ
Yeah! Yeah! I've heard those jokes about the "Air Force." But, you know what, we had our own uniforms, our own bases, and everything! It was just like the Real Military!

I'm sure everyone equates the AIR FORCE with FLYING but I never did. During my 20 years, I was a "weather observer", a "meterologist" and, at the end, a computer programmer. The closest I ever came to Viet Nam was Taiwan. Many on the base went back and forth but I was lucky and stayed out of the combat zones.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:23 PM   #17
T-bone Thomas
Danielle's Biggest Fan

I have been to many different places but I don't want to rate them. Each of them had its own character, charm, beauty and most important it's very unique and friendly people I had the pleasure to meet.

Of course one of my favourites is Phoenix, AZ. Just because of the climate there and the beautiful view. lol.

One place I've never been is Hawaii. I would love to go there one day.

Last edited by T-bone Thomas; 03-01-2009 at 11:50 AM.
T-bone Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #18
ugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bone Thomas View Post
I have been to many different place but I don't want to rate them. Each of them had its own character, charm, beauty and most important it's very unique and friendly people I had the pleasure to meet.

Of course one of my favourites is Phoenix, AZ. Just because of the climate there and the beautiful view. lol.

One place I've never been is Hawaii. I would love to go there one day.
If the hope of my heart for you with Lia, Friend T-bone.
And that one day I happen to me to visit America, too.
But I'm only like a kitten lost in America.
I dream my favorite queen that do guide me.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #19
T-bone Thomas
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Hawaii, Island of my dreams. I hope one day I can go there.
Who wants to get a postcard from there?

Last edited by T-bone Thomas; 03-02-2009 at 06:36 PM.
T-bone Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #20
captnjack

I certianly would especially if Lia is on the cover!!!