FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Default Favorite Movies

I can't recall a thread for this anywhere, so I figured a place where we could talk about our favourite classic movies, movies we're looking forward to seeing, kids movies that made an impression on us could be fun.

To kick it off, I'm looking forward to the new Star Trek movie. The last movie I actually saw at the theatre was Revenge of the Sith. Over the past weekend, family gathered at my brother's, including his bro-in-law, who reported that he'd heard from someone he knows who was at that "special" showing of ST: Wrath of Khan that what actually happened was a private screening, hosted by Len Nimoy, of the new movie. The verdict was something like Holy Spit, but I might be misquoting him there. Granted that's 3rd hand info, but still its hopeful.

Now, for classic movies, classic as in black & white and classic as in modern classic, I just watched V for Vendetta again, and still love that movie. I get a kick out of John Hurt playing Big Brother the Chancellor in that movie, while he played the anti-Big Brother in 1984 back a couple decades ago. I also re-watched Citizen Kain again, and still love it. I think it does deserve to be in the top 10 films, but I'm not 100% convinced about being number 1, at least in part because that minimizes anything that came after.

Last edited by geolarson2; 04-17-2009 at 10:39 PM.
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote