FTV Girls Danielle Forum  

Go Back   FTV Girls Danielle Forum > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #246
tigger
Danielle's Future Ex-Husband

Snafu= situation normal ,all f--ed up! Lol yea there was some but chewing this morning. They were supost to have the class 2 weeks ago and the suerviser canceled it and forgot to rescedual it. His butt is above a hot fire this morning. I took the class back in april. I got extra pay for having to sit here all night. And to put some iceing on the cake they had mortor training this morning at 0630 so that was my alarm clock , i thought some one was invading. They usaly warn us if they are doing live ordinance training but someone forgot to tell me. And if any of you have ever been in the service you know that distinked sound a mortor makes. I know what it was right away just took me a min to wake up and rember where i was.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #247
mart
Danielle's Only True Love

I thought listening to loud bandsaws and planers was bad lol. I really don't envy your job Tigger, maybe you should buy some earplugs, if they'll do any good.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #248
tigger

We use eletronic ear plugs they let you hear every thing around you but as soon as there is a sharp noise it blocks the noise. You can get them at any sporting goods store.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:16 PM   #249
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger View Post
We use eletronic ear plugs they let you hear every thing around you but as soon as there is a sharp noise it blocks the noise. You can get them at any sporting goods store.
Some of the lads in the mill have them Tigger. But most prefer the plugs that go in the ear canal, it's a kind of sponge which you mould with your fingers then push it in with a little tab at the end so you can pull it out again.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #250
tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
some of the lads in the mill have them tigger. But most prefer the plugs that go in the ear canal, it's a kind of sponge which you mould with your fingers then push it in with a little tab at the end so you can pull it out again.
we have them too. But they give us the eletronic ones so we use them. But if we are fireing the high power stuff we use regular ear plugs.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #251
MISSY
Danielle's Imaginary Girlfriend

I figure i would tell ya all about my night before Tigger did. We stayed up last night watching TAPS it is a program about a groop that hunts for gosts. Well after it was over we all went to bed, well every one except me. I could not sleep, every little noise, or shadow cought my eye. and i sat up an there is a mirror acrost from me and i saw this little glowing light above my head, so im hitting Jeromy to get up ,there is somthing hovering above my head!!!!!!!!! He gets up looks in the mirror turns and looks above my head and it was the light from the smoke detector, i felt like an ***. needless to say i did not sleeep at all last night.
MISSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:10 AM   #252
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSY View Post
I figure i would tell ya all about my night before Tigger did. We stayed up last night watching TAPS it is a program about a groop that hunts for gosts. Well after it was over we all went to bed, well every one except me. I could not sleep, every little noise, or shadow cought my eye. and i sat up an there is a mirror acrost from me and i saw this little glowing light above my head, so im hitting Jeromy to get up ,there is somthing hovering above my head!!!!!!!!! He gets up looks in the mirror turns and looks above my head and it was the light from the smoke detector, i felt like an ***. needless to say i did not sleeep at all last night.
I ain't afraid of no ghost!, who you gonna call! Ghostbusters!!!.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #253
MISSY

Quote:
I ain't afraid of no ghost!, who you gonna call! Ghostbusters!!!.
The guys have been having fun with me over that!
Old 05-22-2009, 01:23 PM   #254
MISSY

We got an aword last night!!!!!!! Our team and 7 other teams were routed into the city that we are at yesterday and they put us up in the HOLIDAY INN SELECT, EVERY ONE GOT THERE OWN ROOM. Jeromy and i shaired. and a varry nice dinner. We also got $1000 for each team to use as we please. The aword was for 2 yrs of never being late on a load and we were in the top 5 teams for the year! they judge it by how well we work together, operating costs, rout planing, and training grades. they only tell the top 5 teams they dont narow it down any more than that, but it is still an achievement. SARAH said she was all vary proud of all of us. We did not know anything about this till we got here. last year we donated the money to the shriners burn center. this year we are thinking of donating the money to the wounded troups faimly fund. we always donate the money to some good cause. we have a little surplus in our monthly budget so we are going to treat our self out of that. we will be spending our holiday weekend at a military base in the central us. they are putting us up for the weekend and suplying all our food and we will be enjoying sun,monday there. enjoying all the festivitys.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #255
mart

CONGRATULATIONS!!! MISSY and team!. I'm more congratulating you and your team for donating the money to a worthy cause. Well done team!.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #256
T-bone Thomas
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Congratulations Missy! All of you deserved it. Have a great weekend and enjoy these days.
T-bone Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #257
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger

Congratulations to the entire team Missy, that's quite an achievement.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #258
geolarson2
Danielle's Imaginary Boyfriend

Quote:
That's funny ...I exchanged an email with J (Jason's) mom about 2 weeks back-she's a distant cousin (never met her, just exchanged a few pleasantries). I do like the show too (they were out here a few months back in Virginia City).
geolarson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #259
geolarson2

Quote:
We got an aword last night!!!!!!! Our team and 7 other teams were routed into the city that we are at yesterday and they put us up in the HOLIDAY INN SELECT, EVERY ONE GOT THERE OWN ROOM. Jeromy and i shaired. and a varry nice dinner. We also got $1000 for each team to use as we please. The aword was for 2 yrs of never being late on a load and we were in the top 5 teams for the year! they judge it by how well we work together, operating costs, rout planing, and training grades. they only tell the top 5 teams they dont narow it down any more than that, but it is still an achievement. SARAH said she was all vary proud of all of us. We did not know anything about this till we got here. last year we donated the money to the shriners burn center. this year we are thinking of donating the money to the wounded troups faimly fund. we always donate the money to some good cause. we have a little surplus in our monthly budget so we are going to treat our self out of that. we will be spending our holiday weekend at a military base in the central us. they are putting us up for the weekend and suplying all our food and we will be enjoying sun,monday there. enjoying all the festivitys.
Congrats to all of you! That's not an easy job, so you must have really performed well-over expectations. OOH-RAH!
Old 05-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #260
MISSY

Thank you all. I'm sure Tigger would thank you too but he kidnaped my husband for the 4th night in a row and they are off doing somthing, ill find out they cant hide it from me forever!!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:47 PM   #261
mart

Quote:
Thank you all. I'm sure Tigger would thank you too but he kidnaped my husband for the 4th night in a row and they are off doing somthing, ill find out they cant hide it from me forever!!!!!!!!
You know us guys can never keeps secrets from you girls. You always have a good way of finding out lol.
I'm sure their not up to anything bad.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:40 AM   #262
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Good for you...well done..have a great holiday weekend
Old 05-24-2009, 02:07 AM   #263
laranger

Send a message via Yahoo to laranger

Quote:
LOL, Missy has lost her husband.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #264
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by laranger View Post
LOL, Missy has lost her husband.
She hasn't lost him, just misplaced him. I sure she'll find him someday.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #265
geolarson2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger View Post
Snafu= situation normal ,all f--ed up! Lol yea there was some but chewing this morning. They were supost to have the class 2 weeks ago and the suerviser canceled it and forgot to rescedual it. His butt is above a hot fire this morning. I took the class back in april. I got extra pay for having to sit here all night. And to put some iceing on the cake they had mortor training this morning at 0630 so that was my alarm clock , i thought some one was invading. They usaly warn us if they are doing live ordinance training but someone forgot to tell me. And if any of you have ever been in the service you know that distinked sound a mortor makes. I know what it was right away just took me a min to wake up and rember where i was.
Better snafu than fubar any day tho', no? Glad you didn't wind up fubar is what I'm saying.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #266
MISSY

Well i found out what they have been up too, Tigger,Jeromy and David have been running the excersise coarse at the beses we have been stoping at , they are trying to get ready for there week of duty next month, so i cant get too upset about that. we are BBQin as soon as the boys get back Sarah went to the store to get some food and we are going to cook on our little stove we carry. so what are all of you doing for the weekend?
Old 05-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #267
mart

Quote:
Well i found out what they have been up too, Tigger,Jeromy and David have been running the excersise coarse at the beses we have been stoping at , they are trying to get ready for there week of duty next month, so i cant get too upset about that. we are BBQin as soon as the boys get back Sarah went to the store to get some food and we are going to cook on our little stove we carry. so what are all of you doing for the weekend?
Giving the car a service, about as exciting as it's gonna get for me.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #268
DWM222
Danielle's Biggest Fan

No excitement here..about normal
Old 05-25-2009, 01:16 AM   #269
MISSY

Oh boy i am so full. Sarah made food for all of us, 3 teams ==30 people and 5 mp's from the base we are on . after they drove by 5 times se invited them up for some food. They grabed a quick plate inhaled there food and were off, they were on duty still but were gratfull for the food. we had hamburgers , kobosa, ribs, and hole chickens. one of the other ladies from a nother team put pinaple on the hamburgers and it was fantastik! Sarah did most of the cooking. Tigger tryed to help but Sarah kept showing him back to his seat. lol He is a varry good cook! I wish i was . Jeromy sayes if i try to cook he calls and has the firedept. on stand by. i realy can't cook. i messed up jello, it never set up. I blew up the microwave trying to make popcorn. Jeromy does all the cooking at home! i can make a tv dinner in the microwave. I'm not alowed to touch the stove, before i met Jeromy it was take out, or delivery.lol I had dishes and pots that my mom got me when i was in school in the early 90s i didn't open them till i got maried 3 yrs ago. Ask tigger , i tryed to make him a sandwitch when he was working on my house , the cat tryed to cover it up. witch realy botherd me because it ate drywall past but wouldent touch my cooking.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #270
mart

Blowing up the microwave using popcorn, takes real skill MISSY! lol. If you wanted a new microwave surely all you had to do was ask!, you didn't have to blow it up lol. As for the cat prefering the drywall paste to your cooking MISSY, that nearly made me wet myself through laughing. You really shouldn't be so honest with us lol.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:05 PM   #271
MISSY

Quote:
Blowing up the microwave using popcorn, takes real skill MISSY! lol. If you wanted a new microwave surely all you had to do was ask!, you didn't have to blow it up lol. As for the cat prefering the drywall paste to your cooking MISSY, that nearly made me wet myself through laughing. You really shouldn't be so honest with us lol.
It was a new one. I didnt know the popcorn thingy had tin in it and well it blew up, it was one of our wedding gifts. lol I'm glad i could entertain you!
I think Tigger told this story a long time ago but when he was drywallin my room the cat came over and was licking the drywall paste off the lid of the tub and then had the craps all night. He also eats toothpaste, my alo plant, Jeromys deoderant, and likes to lick Jeromys feet! the cat has brain dammage!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #272
T-bone Thomas
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
... one of the other ladies from a nother team put pinaple on the hamburgers and it was fantastik!...
Pineapple on a burger. Hmm, yummy, sounds like a good Hawaiian burger. Good to hear you folks had a good time during weekend.
T-bone Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:56 PM   #273
mart

Quote:
He also eats toothpaste, my alo plant, Jeromys deoderant, and likes to lick Jeromys feet! the cat has brain dammage!!!!!!!!!
I remember i have a dog that that loved toothpaste and if i didn't put it back in the bathroom cabinet after use, he'd have it lol. At least he had the healthiest teeth of any dog in my road.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:49 PM   #274
MISSY

They are rosting 4 pigs and a lot of chicken, beans and every thing else you have at a BBQ. I bet you can gess where all the boys are!!! lol they will be farting all night again!!!!!!!! and they are going to hae a big bonfire tonight.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #275
mart

Quote:
They are rosting 4 pigs and a lot of chicken, beans and every thing else you have at a BBQ. I bet you can gess where all the boys are!!! lol they will be farting all night again!!!!!!!! and they are going to hae a big bonfire tonight.
Sounds good MISSY!. Well if your gonna feed the lads beans, then what do you expect? lol. Just make sure your upwind when their downwind. I think that's right!!!.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #276
MISSY

Better we are in seperate buildings! On base the girls stay seperate from the boys!
Old 05-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #277
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

Quote:
okay, time to show my age... why is it that when you mention the bon fire i think of that scene from Blazzing Saddles where all the cowboys are having dinner and sitting by the campfire. hopefully i am not the only one that remember that movie.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:20 PM   #278
MISSY

They have wood stacked up about 8 ft high and about 15 ft acrost so it is going to be a wing dinger. There will pry be about 1000 people there, i don't know how meany are on this base.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #279
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
okay, time to show my age... why is it that when you mention the bon fire i think of that scene from Blazzing Saddles where all the cowboys are having dinner and sitting by the campfire. hopefully i am not the only one that remember that movie.
No i remember CK1! that's one of my favourites movies and scene lol.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #280
captnjack

More beans Mr. Targart (sp?)?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:50 PM   #281
MISSY

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnjack View Post
More beans Mr. Targart (sp?)?
I take it that was out of the movie. I did not see it.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:02 PM   #282
captnjack

Yes the cowboys were sitting around the campfire eating beans cutting the wind when Slim Pickens says the line. I believe that is how it went away it has been a while since I have seen the movie.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #283
WhyYou
Lead Moderator (deceased)

Quote:
I take it that was out of the movie. I did not see it.
Check out this YouTube video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6dm9rN6oTs
Old 05-25-2009, 11:11 PM   #284
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

That's it. is one of the most politically incorrect movies of all times (by todays standards) and could not be made today. but it is funny.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #285
captnjack

Thanks for the link Whyyou!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:23 PM   #286
MISSY

OH my word!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:38 PM   #287
captnjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
That's it. is one of the most politically incorrect movies of all times (by todays standards) and could not be made today. but it is funny.
Yeah I think people are either offended by the jokes or find them funny. But a most of Mel Brooks films were like that. However I was amazed at some of the stuff that didn't get censored.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:43 PM   #288
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

individual scenes in the movie could be offensive because they are taken out of context. if you see the movie from beginning to end you will see it actually has a positive message.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:54 AM   #289
captnjack

Yes I agree and most of the jokes are at sterotypes and meant to be funny not offensive. I like the Mel Brooks movies and find them very humurous. History of the World, Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles all were very funny.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:51 AM   #290
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

I think the difference is that they were never mean spirited. but mel brooks does always make great and funny movies. some of the best lines come out of the movies you mentioned.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:30 AM   #291
Texasdrake
Danielle's Biggest Fan

i remember alot of the Mel Brooks movies especially "Blazing Saddle".A positive message?....like don't fart near a open flame such as a Camp fire?
the Camp fire reminded me of a story my best friend told me something that he done back in High School...another positive message,don't do something dumb like pissing into a camp fire. He done it once out of boredom.Lets just say he had to leave the area fast..he said the whole area around the camp fire stinks to high heaven
Old 05-26-2009, 02:33 AM   #292
CK1
Danielle's Biggest Fan

that is one of many lessons... as well as don't mess with a guy named Mongo.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #293
tigger

Quote:
Oh yea. supose you tell me what happened to your undies after your wedding?????????? Some one had a little too much to drink!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #294
tigger

Quote:
It was a new one. I didnt know the popcorn thingy had tin in it and well it blew up, it was one of our wedding gifts. lol I'm glad i could entertain you!
I think Tigger told this story a long time ago but when he was drywallin my room the cat came over and was licking the drywall paste off the lid of the tub and then had the craps all night. He also eats toothpaste, my alo plant, Jeromys deoderant, and likes to lick Jeromys feet! the cat has brain dammage!!!!!!!!!
She offered to make me a egg salidsandwitch. she put horshradish insted of mao, and the hard boild egg was a little runny. they should not put horseradish and mao in the same type of container!!!!!!!!!